Family Support Assistant
JOB TITLE: FAMILY SUPPORT ASSISTANT
LOCATION: OSCEOLA COUNTY, FLORIDA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assists with tasks related to enrollment and other program outcomes as required by contract. This position is primarily office based and clerical in nature.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Continuously monitors At-Risk email and ShareFile for documents.
- Verifies referrals are from a valid partner agency; Reviews submitted referrals and replies to case managers when referrals are received; Enters new referrals into EFS Mod; completes CCAA tokens , separates corrected referrals from new referrals and verifies corrections.
- Prints extensions & transfers, stamps & verifies paperwork received; reviews and processes case closure letters.
- Contacts clients when additional documentation is needed; scans documents and checks EFS Mod for paperwork on file.
- Coordinates At-Risk appointment schedule or walk-ins with Customer Service daily.
- Processes extension/transfer paperwork for clients and providers
- Assists clients that come to do transfers or drop off documents in person.
- Assists with collecting data for At Risk reports and audits.
- Creates new client profiles in EFS Mod; completes guardianship transfers in EFS.
- Assists in the approval and enrollment of VPK children.
- Provide Child Care Resource and Referral services as needed, including populating list of providers.
- Verifies clients’ county of residence.
- Assist in large mailings and other clerical duties as needed.
- Perform other work-related duties as needed or as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Assists in peer reviews to ensure program standards, clarity, and completeness of documentation, and compliance with contracts. Assists with special events, community presentation and other promotional activities.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
(Above are essential functions of the job. 4C promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your supervisor should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.)
(This job description may not be all inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to gain knowledge of the Agency, program terminology, and the Agency’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software (including MS Word, Excel, and Access).
- Ability to navigate the Internet.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work/ communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to customers and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Two (2) years’ experience in performing clerical duties.
- One (1) year of customer service experience.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Possession of valid Florida’s Driver’s License and daily access to reliable transportation to and from work and for travel to off-site locations.
- Certified CCR&R Specialist or ability to gain State certification
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to enter data at a prescribed rate of speed.
- May be required to sit for extended periods of time while performing job functions.
- Ability to access file cabinets for filing and retrieval of data.
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 10 lbs.
- May be required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Office environment.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, when needed.
- The ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or qualitative productivity standards.
- The ability to maintain reasonably, regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
- Compliance with all personnel policies of the Agency.
Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreats
SALARY RANGE: $12.83
PAY GRADE: 6
APPLICATIONS/RESUMES: Email- email@example.com or fax to 407-522-5072
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veteran/Disability