Are you looking to become an integral part of a Nationally Accredited Organization that helps to improve the lives of families with young children? Join our Team and help us to continue our compassionate quest to provide high quality services to children and families throughout Florida.
Community Coordinated Care for Children (4C) is a private non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that was established in 1969. Our mission is to be a community leader in providing high-quality services that improve the lives of children and families. We believe that every child deserves the right to a bright and successful future.
JOB TITLE: IT ASSISTANT PAY GRADE: 6
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administrative Services OFFICE: IT/DBO
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Maintains computer systems, copiers, and printers for the organization. Coordinates office relocations. Maintains the IT storage room and inventory of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides customer service and work order resolution for agency computers. Assists with training, repairs, data security/confidentiality, and answering user questions related to these machines, including travel to off-site locations, when needed. Coordinates, as assigned, with Agency staff.
- As directed, sets up equipment for employee use. Ensures proper installation of Ethernet wiring, cables, operating systems, and software.
- Troubleshoots and maintains network copiers, including scanning functions, and printers. Maintains stocks of copier/printer ink and requests replenishments through standard procurement processes. Coordinates copier repair and supply orders with service vendor.
- Coordinates employee reassignment/relocations of computer, printer, and peripheral equipment, maintaining inventory and transfer documentation. Coordinates scheduling of move with Support Services and management of employee’s department.
- Accepts arriving IT orders, completes inventory tag process, and coordinates disposal of outdated equipment. Completes IT inventory transfer and disposal paperwork according to Agency procedures. Maintains the IT storage room.
- Assists with work orders regarding conference room technology. Assists with training, as assigned.
- Stays abreast of advances in technology.
- Participates in the Agency’s Quality Improvement Program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of:
- The English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Demonstrate auditory, verbal, and visual capabilities, in order to adequately communicate via phone, in person, and in writing.
- Electronic equipment, copiers, printers, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite*:
- Outlook – Basic
- Excel – Basic
- PowerPoint – Basic
- Word – Basic
- Ability to demonstrate skill in:
- Troubleshooting a variety of computer hardware and software.
- Effective analytical skills for evaluating problems to make concise reports and request assistance needed for problem resolution.
- Ability to:
- Organize and plan efficiently.
- Demonstrate skill in time management and to meet deadlines.
- Manage more than one task and stay focused on completing workload priorities within deadlines.
- Work on and off-site with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio- economic levels.
- Sensitivity to the needs, abilities, beliefs, and attitudes of individuals within and outside the Agency, including but not limited to clients and co-workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one (1) year of coursework at an accredited community college towards an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field. Graduation with an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred.
- One (1) year experience maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer systems, hardware, and computer peripherals.
- Six (6) months experience or equivalent training in customer service preferred.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications).
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License and daily access to reliable transportation to and from work, and for travel to off-site locations, and within the state.
- Must have no suspension or revocation of Driver’s License in the previous 36 months.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to:
- Lift 50 pounds in the form of computer equipment, boxes, and other equipment.
- Crawl, bend, kneel, stand, lift and reach overhead, push and pull objects while performing job functions.
- Required to sit, stand and/or be in continuous motion for extended periods while performing job functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to:
- Work in an office environment.
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays, when required.
WHY 4C? This is what 4C can do for you!
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Flexible Scheduling
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Discounts
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations, Holidays, Sick, Personal, Bereavement
- Annual Employee Retreats
Salary $12.83 per hour
PAY GRADE: 6
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability