Practice Manager Conroy-Windermere Adult Medicine Full-time
Title: Practice Manager
Supervisor: Senior, Director of Operations
Location: Celebration, FL 34747)
This person supports and maintains the physician-led Care Delivery Teams with ongoing communication, coaching and consistency in use of processes in the physician practice. Responsible for maintaining the second stage accounts receivable and insurance follow-up. Directs and coordinates the day-to-day functions of the physician office and prioritizes activities of the care team.
- Understands and upholds the practice philosophy of health care and integrates this philosophy into daily functions.
- Provides information and assistance to internal and external customers, in person and by telephone, in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Supports and refines procedures in the office, verifying policy changes with physician leadership.
- Coordinates center meetings; prepares agendas, packets and completes minutes as required.
- Ensures that staff understands and follows established office policies and procedures; oversees training of new staff and continued training of existing staff.
- Establishes, maintains and revises accurate record keeping and filing systems for business papers.Classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
- Verifies hours worked by office staff, monitors use of vacation, sick and holiday time.Submits time and attendance within the specific pay period.
- Assists in preparing of staff performance reviews, ensures timely completion.
- Identifies and analyzes work issues and coordinates corrective action plan with appropriate physician, manager or director.
- Provides timely communication to Human Resources regarding resignations, open positions, etc.Screens and interviews the pre-screened candidates for office positions.
- Maintains supplies, inventory and ordering processes within the office site. Submits appropriate purchase order, coded correctly, for approval.Reviews, approves and codes all invoices for payment.
- Ensures all supplies and equipment are supplied and/or maintained in working order; coordinating with Materials Management, BioMed and Maintenance Departments, as appropriate.
- Monitors and communicates risk and quality issues to appropriate physician, manager or director.
- Assists with the development of office operating budget; monitors expenses on an ongoing basis and reports any variances to appropriate physician, manager or director.
- Develops, directs and assigns float pool staff, assuring staff is adequately trained.
- Ensures payor contract information binders are updated timely.
- Maintains responsibility for any second stage collection issues with self-pay patients.
- Maintains responsibility for training and supporting the staff in check-in and check-out specific tasks.
- Distributes all practice and insurance information updates.
- Maintains responsibility for performing: daily bank deposits; daily cash and encounter reconciliations; monitoring of encounters and ensuring delivery of encounters to CBO within 48 hours; adherence to cash handling policy; follow up on any insurance or other information issues.
- Provides personnel coverage, as required.
- Works with Department Administrators on assigned financial projects and other duties as necessary for the Company.
- Reviews monthly CBO reports with each physician; reports to include: Denial Report, Hold Report, and Visit Report.
- Other assignments as directed.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to sit at length at a data entry station.
- High school diploma. Experience can substitute from education.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years medical office experience, including supervisory experience and physician office billing practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding regulations.
- Basic knowledge of CLIA and OSHA medical office regulations.
- English language skills are necessary to prepare documents and establish filing systems.
- Strong organizational skills; critical thinking skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Access a plus.
Required tasks routinely involve a potential of mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every health care provider in this position.
To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Practice Manager Conroy-Windermere Adult Medicine Full-time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly