Merchandise Leadership Opportunities
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether youre bringing the worlds premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
STORE MANAGER: Manages the efficient operation, up-selling and profit/loss of assigned store locations and team members. Meets and exceeds guest service standards and maintains location theming and presentation.
- Manages all areas pertaining to guest service. Through training, coaching, and sales floor presence ensures the expected level of guest service is provided.
- Responsible for labor control and assigning duties to assistant managers and hourly team members.
- Accountable for the development, coaching, performance appraisal, and mentoring of all direct reports including assistant managers and hourly team members. Maintains appropriate staffing levels based on agreed upon budgets and/or as business needs dictate.
- Ensures the adherence to all applicable cash handling policies on a daily basis. Responsible for managing to the budget and oversight of all P & L categories.
- Manages all facets of service, merchandise presentation, and monitoring of inventory levels. Manages the receiving of merchandise deliveries, stockroom maintenance, and stocking of the sales floor.
- Implements inventory controls to manage retail shrinkage. Ensures the accurate completion of the inventory process.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Must have 3-5 years of retail management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have retail and/or management experience.
- Must possess an understanding of P & L and budgetary expenditures.
- Must have exceptional communication and guest services skills.
- Must have ability to build teams and collaborate with partners.
- Must have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have some technical knowledge.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as business dictates.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER: Manages the daily operation of the merchandise (stores, carts, and/or off site) locations. Assists store team members in achieving the revenue plan and delivering an optimal guest experience.
- Manages and ensures the consistent execution of guest service to standard.
- Manages and maintains all facets of the daily operation of the merchandise location to meet revenue plan.
- Motivates associates and ensures they are focused on customer service. Provides them with sales goals tied to revenue plan.
- Consistently maintains the merchandise and visual plan.
- Maintains stores to standards including stocking, cleaning, folding, etc.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university preferred retail management or business.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years retail sales experience required. Supervisory experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
TEAM CAPTAIN: Responsible for revenue generation in store and venue locations, overseeing stock inventory, leading and training team members, ensuring guest service standards are met and operational readiness of indoor and open-air locations throughout Universal Orlando properties.
- Assists management with the consistent execution of guest service and operational standards. Performs all operational duties related to the daily opening and closing of locations to include but not limited to inventory, issuing starting banks, providing.
- Manages and maintains all facets of daily operation of the location. Assigns tasks and monitors performance of team members to ensure policies and procedures of the dept. are followed. Ensures that team members are wardrobe compliant. Ensures established safety practices and quality standards are maintained. Responsible for maintaining and inspecting show quality standards as set by the Company.
- Trains and coaches team members, explains performance and behavioral expectations, provides feedback and recognition. Conducts shift meetings and provides daily sales goals in support of the revenue plan. Reports behavior requiring discipline and documentation to the management team.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 Years, cash handling, retail sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL MERCHANDISE LEADERSHIP POSITIONS:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move between 20 and 50 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Maintaining a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals
- Strong cash handling skills and knowledge (safe deposits, audits, etc.)
- Previous leadership experience
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE