Real Estate Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities
• Frequently analyze and communicate weekly Properties performance metrics, monthly results, and quarterly and annual projections. Create, standardize, and streamline operational and management reporting which include benchmarks and metrics. Present data to highlight Properties performance through managerial reports to include month end and variance analysis evaluations. Enhance key property and construction financial metrics and data by creating dashboards, reports and presentations for the leadership and executive team.
• Assist with the tracking and understanding of capital expenditures to ensure project completion. Review and evaluate all construction projects from initial budget procurement process to project close-out, report budget variances to actual costs Prepare a return on investment analysis for all new projects and continue to monitor the new projects during any transitional or construction phase. Create multiyear preformats in support of acquisitions and new development projects
• Perform analysis on operating results by each property location, including revenue, operating expense and overall pricing. Provide analysis and evaluation of cost/expense problems and profit improvement opportunities existing within each properties location. Investigate and report root causes of cost and revenue variances and propose profit maximizing resolutions. Improve financial status by analyzing and reporting results, monitoring variances, identifying trends and recommending actions to management.
• Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for review and decision support.
• Assist with preparation of business plans and monthly, quarterly & annual forecasting models.
• Communicate significant or unusual business trends to assist in key operating decisions
• Support property management functions to report and effectively communicate timely and accurate lease-up, rental rates and escalators and maintain various dashboards to highlight key metrics and bring insight into results
• Generate custom statistical and analytical reports related to new business and development projects Work with the Properties development section and also the operational, construction and accounting teams to provide input for budget and new project approval analysis and approvals during the due diligence phase.
• Support the ongoing updating and enhancement of our lender financial models and reporting systems. Financial analysis during discover and due diligence phases of an acquisition to include risk, capital performance, financial calculations, validate assumptions, analyzes alternatives and impacts and models
• Guide and develop appropriate business case for new leases, projects, tenant improvement CapEx and Repair & Maintenance
• Develop detailed budget and forecast models for existing properties to drive high quality decision-making and closely monitor execution performance.
• Assist the department with preparing key team presentations including quarterly reviews, budget and other performance metrics and results.
• Provide support to and assist the Department in the preparation and assistance with the annual budgeting processes
• Responsible for forecasting and budgeting revenue and providing explanations for variances for monthly reporting.
• Perform ad hoc analyses and special projects as needed, and facilitate requests or queries from the Sr. Management.
• Support the transition and maintenance of new planning / reporting tools
- Bachelor’s Degree required with course work in real estate. CSM, CPM, or RPA designation is preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of commercial property management experience of 1MM square Feet or more - airport real estate environment is preferred.
- Must have good knowledge of commercial real estate including a broad understanding of finance, leasing, legal, and marketing, construction, building maintenance and tenant relations.
- Must possess the ability to analyze and synopsize a monthly financial statement and prepare detailed budgets and operating forecasts.
- Motivated to sell and able to achieve sales goals.
- Leadership and proven employee managerial experience.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Available for after hour activities and 24 hour emergencies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Yardi Property Management Software knowledge is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Sheltair will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Sheltair fully supports the concept of equal employment opportunity. We administer our Human Resources program to comply with all applicable antidiscrimination laws. Sheltair does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Real Estate Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly