***Please note that while this posting closes on Friday, March 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM our application system will be unavailable from Friday, March 1, 2019-Sunday, March, 10, 2019 for a system update. No applications or documents may be submitted during this time.
Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a Digital Media Editor/Videographer from candidates with a passion for digital video and multimedia products. This position manages the creation, development, and implementation of a broad range of high-quality digitally-based projects for internal and external college audiences. Develops concepts and creates visually engaging video content in individual / team environments. Creates, archives, and disseminates all video, audio, and motion graphics used by the department and other College constituents.
1. Associate degree from an accredited college or university in Media Production, Filmmaking or related field.
2. Two years of full-time professional experience with digital video and still production including equipment management, shooting, editing software and post-production best practices.
3. A strong creative portfolio demonstrating good use of cinematography, storytelling, conceptual process, composition, and multimedia assignments.
Employees at Seminole State College advance their careers in a rewarding culturally diverse environment that cultivates the leaders of tomorrow with the skills they need today. Seminole State College offers an attractive benefits package including: employee health, dental and life insurance coverage; generous paid leave benefits including vacation and sick days, paid leave during winter break; spring break; 9 annual holidays; and a four-day condensed workweek during the summer. In addition, employees participate in the Florida Retirement System and have several retirement options. The College pays a percentage toward retirement, based on the employee's selected plan.
To ensure full consideration, all of the following documents are required to be submitted along with the completed online application by the closing date:
· Cover Letter
· Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral (unofficial copies accepted)
· Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.