Manager, Network Systems - Universal Studios Japan
Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world.
What sets Universal Creative apart?
We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by todays realities. We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it. We know that most high school guidance counselors dont know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it. We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life. In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces The Universal Way by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Network Systems will oversee the design, implementation and testing of the networking systems that comprise the backbone communications infrastructure for a Theme Park Attractions ride/show and standard (enterprise) networks.
- Responsible for overall Attraction Network Operation strategy. Including:
- Design and development of industrial security appliances and systems.
- Design and development of enterprise supervisory monitoring and reaction systems.
- Strategy and design, development and integration of Attraction Operations Center for attraction data/information aggregation and monitoring.
- Strategy and design for 3-tier and ISA-99 defense-in-depth network models to enforce security and increase network segregation and security.
- Attraction data aggregation of unique systems information while adhering to safety and design strategies. Including support systems such as Access Control and Building Management
- Responsible for acceptance testing strategies with respect to the unique challenges and timing associated with control systems and standard systems for these types of network
- Sets standards to which networking vendors will adhere and act as the bridge between the Universal Parks Engineering, Technical Services, AV systems and IT groups to seek to provide networks that the respective groups can support and maintain while adhering to networking security models and control system safety models
- Manage network designs from multiple projects and ensure appropriate security, growth, safety, redundancy, reliability and sustainability design strategies are in place are given proper weighting in the design objectives
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing support and maintenance strategies for the networking systems within attractions
- Responsible to oversee existing attraction architecture renovations and updates where applicable to take advantage of new safety and security requirements part of control systems networks. This includes mitigating false air-gap strategies and integrating new security models with data aggregation and trending in mind to increase reliability and decrease liability where possible
- Oversee standards strategy to provide commonality between park systems networks across geographical boundaries where applicable to allow for common training and support moving forward
- Oversee strategy for implementation of networking standards and designs that are globally sensitive and aware of unique requirements and standards for the geographical region.
SCOPE: Applicant will be required to propose budget and designs for design criteria. Applicant will also be required to manage budgets of varying levels and will be responsible for proposed design and scope budget management.
EDUCATION: Associates degree (AA) is required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or in active pursuit of a degree. Bachelors degree is preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or in active pursuit of a degree.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A+ and CCxx, CompTIA or MS certifications.
- Bilingual: English / Japanese strongly preferred
- 5-10 years of IT networking experience.
- 5-10 years of experience with safety and standard PLC control systems and control systems communications networks.
- 5-10 years experience with software development including rules, methods, modeling, agile processes, life cycles and change control.
- Experience with large network integrations with multiple levels of safety and security requirements. Industrial control networking experience is also required.
- Experience with audio, video and lighting systems network integration and design.
- Experience with network anti-intrusion and penetration-testing strategies, packages, purposes, documentation, techniques, and models.
- Experience with standard industrial control network protocols and their requirements.
- Experience with acceptance testing cycles and methods.
- UML system architecture and design knowledge, CAD/Visio experience.
- Software and hardware system documentation experience
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2017 Universal Studios. 2017 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE