Position: Custodian, Part-time
Location: YMCA Camp Wewa
Since 1948, Camp Wewa located in Apopka, Florida has been building lives in Central Florida and enriching the communities we serve. The traditions of Wewa have been shared by thousands of alumni, including many of Central Florida’s community leaders. The 60 acre residential camp enjoys a rich history and innovation of unique adventure and exploration that form the foundation of an incredible camp environment where fun and education go hand-in-hand.
This individual will ensure the proper cleanliness and upkeep of property facilities, common areas, grounds, and restrooms. This individual must be courteous, and able to communicate efficiently with staff, peers, volunteers, guests, campers, and leadership. This individual will be responsible for all laundry services in accordance with Association procedures. The incumbent will assist with inventory control of supplies and tools; including stocking beverages, and other items, as well as the set up and break down of various stations. This individual will assist with the deliveries from the membership desk to the appropriate areas. Previous housekeeping / custodian experience in a resident camp or health club environment is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English)
- Ability to think and respond quickly to issues or member needs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly motivated
- Detailed Oriented
- Must meet Association appearance and dress code standards
- Must be flexible and adapt easily
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivated
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Friendly, customer service oriented attitude with fellow employees, members, and guests.
Education, Training and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- High School Degree or equivalent preferred
- Previous housekeeping / custodian experience preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities of this position include: stooping, kneeling, and repetitive motions. The incumbent must be able to perform medium work: exerting up to 50 lbs. The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.