Data Analyst, Revenue Management
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Assists in incorporating and enhancing the science of resort revenue management through tool development and analytical modeling. Uses data processing and computational tools to automate data integration, reporting, and analyses.
- Drive the tracking, reporting, and data strategy for resorts revenue management.
- Create code to process data, automate reports, build models, and conduct ad-hoc analyses.
- Develop and enhance science-oriented revenue management tools with the goal of total revenue optimization across all segments.
- Analyze data and derive insights that will inform revenue management practices, pricing strategy, and other business decisions.
- Troubleshoot forecast and optimization anomalies with the revenue management team through the use of statistical and mathematical optimization models.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related business major required. Masters Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5+ years of experience in an analytical environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding and experience creating database-driven report templates and dashboards, as well as modifying existing report templates and dashboards.
- Willingness to produce reports on a regular weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis containing primary research, ultimately utilized by leaders at all levels within Universal Parks and Resorts.
- Desire to work with colleagues to design the most effective data visualizations in reports and dashboards that identify trends and unlock key insights.
- Highly collaborative team player who is focused, self-motivated, detail oriented, accurate, and flexible able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Familiarity with databases and Structured Query Language (SQL), and/or Python.
- Familiarity with Excel worksheets and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
- Understanding of statistical modeling and concepts such as significance testing, regression, time series modeling, etc. will help in this position.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE