Precision Machine Shop (producer of firearm components) is seeking a hands-on Production Supervisor.
This position is responsible for effectively managing production throughout, employee morale, production scheduling and effective training. The Production Supervisor is responsible to plan, schedule and coordinate departmental activities to achieve production requirements. Ensure necessary materials, perishable tools and personnel are equipped to achieve daily production goals.
The Production Supervisor role will be to develop, plan, implement, monitor and lead all aspects of the department activities to ensure continuous improvement. The Supervisor should be passionate about quality, productivity, training process and personnel development.
The Production Supervisor should be a mentor of change, an advocate for improvement and should consistently reinforce positive machining practices and process improvements.
- Promote continuous improvement through a thorough understanding of our processes and through a daily interaction with areas in the value stream.
- Knowledge and understanding of GD&T, AQL’s, blue prints, conventional measuring tools and product documentation.
- Use timely and effective performance management to provide regular feedback to the shop floor utilizing visual management techniques and effective KPI’s.
- Develop and foster engaged and productive team members through positive reinforcement.
- 100 percent responsible for daily production output and quality.
- Cross train employees to ensure requirements can be met every day.
- Ensure employees are productive and engaging in appropriate business activities at their designated areas.
- Be visible and available on the shop floor for production support.
- Ensure off shifts are equipped with the materials and tools necessary to carry out their assigned tasks.
- Previous CNC machining experience.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining perspective.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve practical machining problem.
- Ability to communicate effectively with operators and outside vendors.
- Address conflicts directly and work to resolve differences proactively.
- Lean Manufacturing / 6-Sigma implementation and direction.
- Proficient with spreadsheets, MS Office suite and other QA related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and an exceptional attention to detail.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Greater than 5 years of experience in a lead or supervisory capacity including, decision making responsibilities in a production environment.
- Experience working with manufacturing-based technologies, processes and principles.
- Minimum high school education although, higher level of learning is preferred.
Must pass a Pre-Employment Drug Screen and have Clear Background Check
Salary: Based On Experience
Rotating Schedule: Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday – Week 2: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Term: Fulltime to Hire