The YMCA of Central Florida prides itself on providing water safety for children and adults in the community. We are seeking talented individuals to join our YMCA Aquatics Team!
Only YMCA of Central Florida Lifeguards and Swim Instructors have the unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a greater Association team, led by our Vice President of Aquatics, Mr. Rowdy Gaines, a 3 Time Olympic Gold Medalist.
At the Y we have many opportunities for employee certification training, career growth and year round positions available. The Y is a cause-driven organization that provides a challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
We have immediate aquatic job opportunities at our J. Douglas Williams YMCA Family Center located at 665 Longwood-Lake Mary Road Lake Mary, FL 32746
Aquatic staff duties include but are not limited to guarding, assisting members and pool maintenance. Individuals must have excellent customer service skills and strong swimming skills. Individuals should have a positive attitude and posses great communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with peers, members and leadership. Aquatic staff must know and review all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with the YMCA of Central Florida policies and procedures.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer certified
- AED certified
- First Aid Certified
- Lifeguard Certification (nationally recognized)
- Swim Instructor Certification - YSL (YMCA) Certification or WSI (American Red Cross)–w/crossover training
- Minimum age 16 years or older
Note, Training / certification classes offered at the Y!
Lifeguards: Base rate of $10.53 / Hour + applicable experience
Swim Instructors: Base rate of $11.61 / Hour + applicable experience
Join the Y team; it will lead to a fun and rewarding experience.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for household.
- Career growth and advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Seasonal Jobs - Part Time - Water - Lifeguard - Sports - Fitness - Summer Job - Swimming - Promotion - Opportunity for Growth - College Students - High School Seniors - Recent Graduates - Flexible