Live-in House Parent - Singles or Couples
The position of Live-In Houseparent at Bishops Gate Golf Academy is vital to maintaining a supportive and nurturing environment for the students of Bishops Gate Golf Academy
- Knowledge and Experience: As a live-in role model for golf academy students, Houseparents play a key role in student development. Houseparents demonstrate a high degree of interpersonal skills, organizational skills and flexibility. The ability to lead by example, model the values desired from students, demonstrate sound judgment and uphold the highest standards of safety, cleanliness and discipline are critical.
The candidate must be well organized and structured, with strong follow through. They
should enjoy working with young people and embrace a culture of values, education, encouragement, structure and positive reinforcement. A knowledge of golf is not necessary. They should enjoy the challenge of working in a flexible and fluid ever changing environment where the day-to-day responsibilities vary, and the needs of the students are unpredictable. A strong, safe driving record is required. Computer literacy is also required.
Reporting To: Director of Housing
Position Summary: This position will encompass and not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of the students of BGGA
- Overseeing and/or undertaking the needs of BGGA students on a daily basis
- Ensuring students are regularly attending school and assisting with schedules if needed
- Managing the household and other Housing duties as instructed by the Director of Student Care
- Maintaining open communication with the Director of Student Care
- Know the whereabouts of your students at all times
- Maintain a clean, well-organized house and hold students accountable for their chores
- Chaperone students to off-site events:
- i.e. tournaments, weekend activities, doctor’s appointments, etc.
- Supervising students in the evenings and weekends, including assistance with homework when appropriate
- Ensure that students live in a safe and disciplined environment
- Track progress in housing and school and communicate with the school liaison
- Attend weekly housing meetings and offer input on housing ideas/improvements and student issues
- Positively interact with the golf academy staff and students including reports to parents following the communication schedule
- In addition, all houseparents are designated a specific task and area of responsibility for the team to operate efficiently.
Other Responsibilities of a Houseparent:
- Maintain high cleanliness standard in assigned vehicle
- Assist housing team as needed (coverage in housing, activities, transport)
- Clearly communicate and educate students on client expectations and follow through on consequences for non-compliance
- Coordinate student schedules and communicate with housing team weekly
- Ensure houses and students are covered while away from Bishops Gate
Interpersonal Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Results: The ability to deliver on commitments and drive the vision and culture of BGGA and their clients (cleanliness, safety, caring, nurturing, discipline)
- Problem Solving: The desire to continually improve and grow, solution oriented and problem-solving skills
- Initiative: The ability to identify areas that need improvement and provide solutions and ideas to better meet the goals of housing
- Judgment: The ability to make good decisions and maintain the values of BGGA and their clients in difficult situations
- Positive Attitude: To make a positive contribution to the development of students
- Flexibility: The responsibilities of a houseparent change from day to day which necessitates adaptability and resilience
- Integrity: Possess personal integrity in all dealings; represent the company honorably and take full accountability
- Team Work: Be able to work in a fluid team of individuals to accomplish common goals
- Professionalism: The ability & willingness to carry oneself professionally, both in appearance and demeanor around students and coworkers
Employees are eligible for quarterly bonus based upon personal and company performance.
Employees become eligible for company-provided health insurance / benefits after a successful 30 days of employment.
A “Live-In” package with fully furnished accommodations and meals provided accompany the offer of Houseparent. Houseparents work a schedule of one week off per month, as well as earning 15 vacation days per year.