Internship - Corporate Communications (Summer 2019)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, we are committed to a culture of creating a unique brand of bold and thrilling experiences. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Campus 2 Career provides exclusive learning opportunities and real world theme park experience, partnering/connecting interns with some of the most talented professionals in the industry. The program, by design, provides professional development and cultivates top talent, potentially leading to extraordinary possibilities for your future. Explore your future potential! Apply today.
SUMMER SEMESTER: Internship dates are approximately from May 2019 August 2019.
JOB SUMMARY: This Intern will gain firsthand experience and understanding of PR and its role in a major organization. Responsibilities include assisting with day-to-day information distribution, media pitching, coverage tracking, media management, assisting with events, etc. The Intern will also have the opportunity to shadow major event planning and implantation for events such as the openings for Universals Endless Summer Resort, various new attractions and products, mar productions and more.
- Tracks media coverage and sentiment and provide weekly summary reports to management.
- Develops various press materials, including press releases, blog posts.
- Participates in brainstorm sessions for major PR tactics.
- Assists with implementing tactics and event planning, including broadcast shoots.
- Updates media contact lists.
- Regularly updates media contact lists and monitor the Media and Public Relations email inboxes answering media inquiries requests in a timely manner.
- Assists media wanting to experience Universal Orlando Resort (complimentary tickets, tours, etc.) and logging relevant information related to their visit(s).
- Gathers materials for media giveaways.
- Participates as talent in photo and/or video shoots for PR and Content materials that will appear on Universal Orlandos channels (i.e. blog).
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*This position requires a portfolio of work examples if available, include a web address with your resume.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Junior or above.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: Public Relations, Communications.
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE