Summer Camp Counselor - Kid's Stuff Team Member @RDV Sportsplex | Maitland, FL
Responsible for assisting the Kid’s Stuff team leader in the day to day operations of the Kid’s Stuff area. Responsible for the welfare, health and safety of the children in the Kid’s Stuff areas.
- Caring for member’s children, and children of guests and visitors as defined by Kid’s Stuff Operating Guidelines.
- Supervise and initiate activities to enrich the lives of children according to their group and individual levels of development.
- Enforce Kid’s Stuff rules and regulations.
- Carry out appropriate check in/check out procedures and maintain attendance records.
- Promote good health and hygiene practices with the children.
- Follows required hand washing, toy sanitizing and diaper changing procedures.
- Keep child care areas clean and clutter-free, disinfecting surface areas and toys as needed.
- Provide parents with feedback regarding their child’s choice of activities during their stay in Kid’s Stuff.
- Document any equipment in need of repair.
- Have general knowledge of and promote other MVP Sports Clubs programs.
- Work as a TEAM with other staff members and assist with any other projects as requested by the Kid’s Stuff Manager.
- Attend required Staff Meetings.
- Team members working the desk will mention Kid's Night Out to every parent checking a child out for the entire week preceding a scheduled KNO.
- Attend and participate in regular Service Game training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance daily, by wearing the MVP Sports Clubs uniform (see uniform matrix) and name badge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent or relevant work experience.
- First Aid/CPR Training.
- Knowledge of child development concepts, and successful, effective, and organized experience working with children.
- Excellent physical condition. Must be able to lift, carry, stoop, bend, crouch, kneel, stand for 95% of the time, climb stairs, and get up and down from a sitting position on the floor with ease.
- Experience in customer service, with hands on experience under stressful situations.
- Available for flexible part-time work.
- Ability to work with the public courteously.
- Physical Requirements: Bend, stoop, crouch, climb, stand, sit and turn/pivot; Lift/lower, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs; perform office tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, typing, and/or word processing, filing, calculating and use of telephone; See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
BENEFITS: Athletic Club access for team member and immediate family, discounts on membership for additional family members, member rates for participation in lessons/programs and 25% retail discount.