The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to providing health and wellness solutions for our members and the community. We have an exciting Part-time employment opportunity at our Roper YMCA Family Center for a Group Exercise Coordinator.
Under the direction and supervision of the Wellness Director, the Group Exercise Coordinator is responsible for and accountable to the growth and success of the Group Exercise Department. This individual's primary responsibilities include; staff supervision, scheduling of staff with proper coverage based on business needs and ensuring execution of successful group exercise programs with an emphasis on member experience and retention. Critical to the success of this position is the ability to provide excellent member service, involvement, engagement, retention initiatives and introducing innovative strides in program development. S/he will be required to work flexible hours, especially during peak times of facility usage that includes some weekends and holidays. This individual will help lead the department to ensure high-quality group exercise programming through the retention of existing members and engaging new members to support program growth.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required in a related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year proven experience in managing Group Exercise / Wellness staff.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Group Exercise or fitness industry required.
- Current nationally recognized certification in Group Exercise (e.g. AFAA) required.
- Current Less Mills certification in Body Pump, strongly preferred
- YMCA wellness or operations experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Must possess communication, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- Must possess competent knowledge of exercise principles, fitness testing, health risks, and exercise program design.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with exercise safety guidelines for instruction and equipment.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- Complementary YMCA membership for employee and discounted rate for eligible household members; with access to all Association locations.
- Career advancement & enrichment opportunities with one of the largest and most progressive YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.