Seasonal Marquee Events Coordinator
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether youre bringing the worlds premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
Do you love the behind the scenes of the Entertainment world? Do you have what it takes to submerge yourself in a Universe of unforgettable Events such as Halloween Horror Nights? Come be a part of Universal Orlando Resort where you can play a part in blurring the lines between fiction and reality for our guests. Help support our multiple venues, Performers, cast and technical teams to help maintain the thrills and excitement of Special Events.
Universal Orlando Resort is a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at Universal Orlando. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun whos serious about their work. A person who knows it doesnt take magic to put a smile on a guests face it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Whether youre serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you wont just be doing a job. Youll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Halloween Horror Nights candidates would need to be available to attend daytime orientations in July and work evenings and late nights from August through early November. Holiday candidates need to be available for daytime and evening shifts beginning October 2019 through early January 2020 including all major holidays.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide Entertainment venue administrative and operational support. Duties include opening and/or closing the venue or area, signing in/out cast and crew, monitoring start-up/shut-down procedures, monitoring performances, and compiling nightly reports for distribution. Minimal computer skills are desired for payroll data entry, but not required.
- Performs administrative responsibilities in support of venue(s) and venue management which include; preparing weekly team member schedules, show rotations and set grids, daily flash reports and overtime justifications, documenting team member recognition/performance improvement observations, venue supply inventory maintenance and ordering, budget tracking, maintaining company information and TSAT communication boards, EHS housekeeping inspections, EHS compliance tracking.
- Provides work direction to team members; communicates and reinforces company and venue specific expectations of behavior and performance standards; initiates team member feedback discussions for recognition and performance improvement, compiles written documentation of observed behaviors for Stage Manager.
- Observes and monitors shows/sets to ensure highest standards of show quality, guest satisfaction, and safety are being achieved; addresses and follows up on any observed show quality, guest, or safety issues utilizing the necessary departments and Entertainment manager on duty to expedite a resolution. Monitors the quality, cleanliness and facility maintenance standards to ensure the venue is Show Ready for our guests at all times.
- In the absence of the SM/ASM, oversees the operation of venue and is the first point of contact for team members, guests, and interdepartmental partners when show critical decisions are made. Reinforces the application of all company policies & procedures as well as addressing any immediate employee relations issues pertaining to the venue(s). Responsible communicating information relevant to the operation of the venue(s) to both upper management and team members.
- Performs opening and/or closing duties for the venue(s) including: Checking in cast and crew, conducting daily start-up meetings, handling all staffing issues resulting from team members calling out sick/personal, monitoring start-up/shut down procedures, communicating operational readiness or staffing/technical problems with partnering departments, adjusting staffing levels, grids and rotations to accommodate park attendance/business needs, and compiling daily FYI for distribution.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Oversees the daily operation of an Entertainment venue(s); providing work direction to team members; ensuring show quality, guest service, and safety expectations are achieved; and completing tasks and assignments critical to the daily operation of the Entertainment venue(s).
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Technical school is preferred.
- Associates degree (AA) is preferred.
- 1 3 years of experience within the entertainment or theme park industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Positions in Marquee Events require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move up to 20 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals
- Ability to work in loud, crowded environments with exposure to fog effects, strobe lights, and extreme heat and cold
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE