Manager, Marketing Analytics Client Engagement
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing Analytics Manager will serve as a point of contact and representative of the Work Stream team and in conjunction with the Senior Manager, will serve as a consultant for internal clients within the organization by offering ideas and recommendations for planning and executing campaigns in a manner which will enable data insights and measurement strategies. The Manager role will serve internal clients (e.g. brand, product, digital, CRM, eCommerce, social, media) by understanding and refining needs, working with team members to translate requests into a cross-functional solution approach, coordinating resources, prioritizing and orchestrating project delivery, managing the internal client expectations as well as support the Work Stream analysts to support marketing data analysis. This manager will prepare and/or present business presentations to multiple audiences at all levels of the organization on key business metrics and trending.
- Serve as a point of contact and representative of the team for select initiatives or marketing stakeholders, especially those initiatives that require cross-functional collaboration; current team stakeholders include the brand, product, channel, and media owners.
- Support cross-functional work stream teams to coordinate the strategy, planning, execution and analysis of marketing programs applying a flexible, yet rigorous framework to consistently apply best practices that support consistent and scalable delivery.
- Seek opportunities to help team members expand their knowledge and capabilities in analytics.
- Work across Marketing Analytics Capability teams to proactively identify best practice solutions to solve complex marketing challenges.
- Ensure alignment of marketing insights and recommendations with the overall strategic plan for the business.
- Offer data-driven, strategic insights to optimize marketing efforts throughout the guest journey.
Measurement & Audience Planning
- Advocate and develop learnings and strategies to support audience planning, optimization, testing, personalization, segmentation and enhanced targeting throughout the customer journey and across channels.
- Partner with clients to plan and execute campaigns in a manner which will enable data insights and measurement strategies to support their business goals.
- Partner with the Research & Development team to identify and oversee testing opportunities to optimize audience targeting and channel performance for assigned clients.
- Identify gaps in processes and act as a catalyst for problem solving and process creation, improvement and implementation.
- Collaboratively define and articulate project goals, value, milestones, roles & responsibilities; manage scope, timelines, multiple moving pieces, and contingencies.
- Coordinate Work Stream team communications and help mitigate issues/risks, escalations, and offer support to clear road blocks through influence.
Marketing Insights & Analysis
- Oversee Work Stream analysts during analysis phase and develop supporting documents or presentations that draw on analytical and technical subjects, synthesizing findings for a business audience.
- As needed, collaborate with team to uncover actionable recommendations. Ensure that as recommendations are implemented, the original insights and recommendations are not lost in translation.
- Leverage and serve as a power user of the media mix / attribution tool in order to evaluate campaign performance and prepare different media scenarios to drive optimization in support of and with guidance from the attribution lead.
- Analyze top down marketing optimization, bottom up attribution and consumer and marketing insights in order to recommend both strategic and operational plans.
- Identify opportunities and support the development, enhancement and consolidation of automated marketing dashboards to support business needs.
SCOPE: This role will support the Sr. Manager of Marketing Analytics and serve as a direct point of contact for 2-5 internal client groups supporting the Universal Orlando Resort destination. The Manager will be a critical member of the Work Stream team leading a team of analysts and working across the Marketing Analytics organization to deliver data-driven insights to support business needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field; Masters degree preferred Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field; Other Combination of non-related field degree(s) with substantial work experience.
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years of analytic, digital or integrated marketing experience combined preferably in the consumer entertainment, travel or amusement park industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3+ years working with and managing cross functional teams in analytical or digital marketing setting.
- Track record of translating business questions and decisions into marketing analytics and production efforts that are supported by data sciences, analytics, data management, testing, personalization and operations.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills. Agile methods (e.g., agile marketing, scrum, kanban) preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical mindset, business and marketing acumen, and ability to communicate and/or present to stakeholders at all levels.
- SQL and spreadsheet data manipulation skills; experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Qlik (Sense, View) is a plus.
- Strong presence to present persuasive recommendations to leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Demonstrated success leading inter-departmental analytics projects, successfully leveraging cross-functional relationships with marketing channels.
- Expertise in understanding marketing integration between CRM, Direct, Social Media, Search, Paid Media and Ecommerce.
- Experience with media mix optimization, attribution, scenario planning is a plus, but not required.
- Passion for entertainment industry and guest experience optimization.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position provides support spanning the entire Marketing & Sales organization. It involves a significant amount of cross-department collaboration to identify business goals and translate to tracking methodology and analysis of results.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE