Internship - Organizational Development (June - December 2019)
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, we are committed to a culture of creating a unique brand of bold and thrilling experiences. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Campus 2 Career provides exclusive learning opportunities and real world theme park experience, partnering/connecting interns with some of the most talented professionals in the industry. The program, by design, provides professional development and cultivates top talent, potentially leading to extraordinary possibilities for your future. Explore your future potential! Apply today.
SEMESTER: Internship dates are approximately from June 2019 December 2019.
JOB SUMMARY: Supports survey administration, data gathering, data analysis and survey location proctoring, written comment typing, coding, and qualitative and quantitative analysis. Provides administrative and analytical support for other HR/OD processes requiring presentations of data/information and maintenance of system/processes. (e.g., succession planning, performance management, team effective sessions, focus groups, etc.). Provides exemplary guest service in by assisting and satisfying guests/internal clients needs.
- Proctors survey administration locations (e.g., greeting Team Members, checking in/participating tracking, assisting with survey set up and offering paper/online options, checking out, location set up/breakdown materials preparation); at times acting Lead at location with direct liaison to OD management team.
- Provides administration support associated with paper and online survey administration, including collating, copying, scanning paper surveys and associated data files, updating files, updating survey forms (both online and paper) and typing handwritten communications/notes.
- Performs data entry and basic manipulation of files in Microsoft Office products associated with survey administration and other HR/OD processes requiring presentations of data/information (e.g., HRP/succession planning, performance management, assessments, etc.).
- Conducts basic/intermediate data analysis for other OD functions such as ad hoc surveys, team effectiveness sessions, focus groups and interviews, process training/education sessions, etc.
- Supports 5 OD Team Members in providing responses to clients on major process questions, including utilizing online systems for producing reports, researching questions and referencing data.
- Types/codes/analyzes/summarizes survey written comment feedback.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Universal Orlando policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution with current class standing of Senior or MBA.
- Recent graduates will not be eligible for this program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- An official transcript may be required upon request.
- Preferred majors include: I-O Psychology, Org Development, Market Research, Human Resources, Psychology, and Business.
- Preferred coursework completed: Research Methods, Statistics, Org Behavior, Org Development.
EXPERIENCE: Prior internship experience related to position is preferred.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Knowledge of SPSS is preferred.
- Must be efficient in Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and organization.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or in teams.
- Consistent attendance.
Please note the following:
- Universal Orlando does not provide housing. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE