Coordinator, Facility - Universal Creative
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: The Facility Coordinator is primarily responsible for preparing and managing all overall facility project correspondence as well as the overall administrative/document controls functions that are critical to the development of large multi-faceted themed attractions and ensuring these are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures. This includes the oversight of all the related project development, facility and construction functions, including accurate and timely entry of action items and/or processes; transmittals; Note Vault construction daily reports, project meeting minutes; and tracking systems for facility project team.
- Manages various action items or processes. This includes, but is not limited to Transmittals for Document Controls, A&E, General Contractor, and any tier Sub Contractor; Meeting Minutes, Request for Information (RFIs), Correspondence, Spreadsheets; Quality Check of Directives/Potential Change Orders (PCOs); and NoteVault Construction Daily Reports. Initiate and Close Out documentation based on established policies and procedures
- Coordinates with Responsible Individuals (RIs) in order to track and report status updates to Project Management on an on-going basis for vendor deliverables
- Partners with the Legal department to communicate with contractors/vendors as needed by providing project updates, scope revisions and schedule changes to ensure contractors/vendors remain informed on project status at all times.
- Partners with Finance to ensure accurate commitment of project expenditures and to ensure timely and accurate processing of Directives and Change Orders
- Responsible for identifying ways to improve the efficiency/accuracy of the project documentation process which is critical to maintenance of overall project schedule
- Prepares overall project correspondence. Assists with the implementation and compliance of established project documentation policies and procedures
SCOPE: Works within the project management system for the assigned project; produces and provides correspondence and coordination between Universal and Contractors/Vendors
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years project management / construction related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software required and project management systems preferred
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the construction field.
- Strong and effective communicator, both verbally and written, with ability to interface with various departments of the company, as well as outside vendors and contractors
- Possess good organizational, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to orchestrate and execute multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment using resources effectively and efficiently.
- Represent the company at all times with high moral and ethical conduct
- Proven ability to work independently with little to no direction and maintain a strong focus on business priorities and be persistent in follow-through.
- Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
ITS A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE