At the YMCA of Central Florida we are committed to improving the lives of individuals and families by taking the initiative on healthy living. Our Roper YMCA Family Center located in Winter Garden is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join our team as a Wellness Coach and/or Personal Trainer.
This individual will provide our members with access to personalized Y health and prevention programs, such as our Y Diabetes Prevention Program. The incumbent must have proven experience and expertise in lifestyle management strategies. S/he will cultivate member relationships by providing a high level customer service experience, and help improve retention while building a client base to support personal and organizational revenue growth. This individual will also provide clients with motivation and goals through feedback and assessments that support their personal objectives.
Successful candidates will be required to work a small number of wellness floor hours, assisting on the floor, supporting the general membership, and completing a schedule for cleaning equipment each shift. S/he will receive a competitive rate while personal training clients and separate wellness coach rate in between clients. Candidates should also have flexible availability to work based on business needs; that may include early mornings, week days, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Discover the unlimited opportunity with a career at the Y. Whatever your talents or interests, you can realize your potential in an array of positions, all focused on the Y’s mission of helping others. Make a real impact today!
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Past professional wellness, personal training or related experience preferred.
- Current Personal Training certification through ACSM, NSCA, NASM, W.I.T.S., or ACE required (For Personal Trainers / Not Wellness Coach)
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry strongly preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (Must obtain within 30 days of hire).
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting, and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees and household.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability