The Roper YMCA Family Center is seeking a part-time Sports Assistant. S/he must accept and demonstrate YMCA values. This individual should have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively work with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions. Incumbents must have a proven background showing good work ethic, punctuality and reliable attendance. S/he will be required to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
Under the supervision of the Sports Coordinator and/or Program Director, the Sports Assistant will be responsible for responsible for in a variety of functions including program execution, communication, planning, marketing and evaluation of sports programs.
- Assist Coordinator/Director in the planning and implementing of sports activities.
- Promote sports program utilizing available marketing tools.
- Maintain the quality and inventory of the supplies, equipment and materials. Assist in proper storage of program equipment.
- Provides direction, rules and supervision of sports program activities.
- Completes all paperwork clearly and concisely.
- Maintain all standards required by the YMCA of Central Florida and the YMCA of the USA.
- Report all accidents to the Supervisor, and complete proper health log and/or accident/incident form.
- Establish a relationship with all participants to ensure developmental growth. Share responsibility in interpreting and communicating participants’ progress to parents.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, to ensure the operation of a quality sports program.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Sports Coordinator/Sports Director, and follow risk procedures as outlined in YMCA of Central Florida policy.
- Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper contacts as outlined in YMCA of Central Florida policy.
- Remain up to date on emergency procedures and Family Center policies.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Assume equal share of the regular housekeeping chores, such as preparing for program activities and cleaning up after activities, ensuring safety and maintenance.
- Participate in member retention, special events and fundraising activities.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience in designated sports program area preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work outdoors for extended periods of time. May be exposed to extreme outdoor weather conditions and temperatures.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members’ well-being.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. in various forms.
- Must exhibit patience and understanding.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
COMPANY BENEFITS – Part-time
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. All positions offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.