Manager, Global Mobility
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, Global Mobility is responsible for coordinating and assisting the policy & process development, vendor services and performance, compliance, governance, and recordkeeping for international assignments for Universal Parks and Resorts, which includes policy & process maintenance, vendor service level management and resolution, payroll and tax compliance and procedures, and team member engagement related to mobility. Also responsible for advising business partners in regards to compliance changes to global tax and immigration policies that may affect mobility practices.
- Assists and reviews the international payroll process, audits and governance. Reviews payroll instructions, resolves errors resolves errors with internal and third party providers.
- Maintains process for business traveler and assignee tax compliance. Tracks business traveler and assignees, travel and facilitates tax compliance and payments with reporting with payroll and tax providers. Provides counsel and guidance to Team Members tax questions, and manages Team Member communication regarding Tax Compliance.
- Manage global mobility policies and program guidelines to ensure industry competitiveness and compliance with legal, tax, and local employment regulations. Stays current with industry trends and best practices. Communicate and educate key stakeholders and business partners on changing developments, and advises proactively on policy and procedure change. Analyze program costs, manages cost estimate process and advise efficiencies and improvements based on industry best practice.
- Leads the development and production of all service and team member engagement initiatives including content of Global Mobility internal websites, relocation, assignment briefing and immigration checklists, cultural trainings, and group relocation sessions
- Maintain vendor relations as well as and assess third party vendors and make recommendations for change when applicable. Reviews vendor service level and performance, lead quarterly business reviews and recommend policy and process improvements. Tracks SLAs, dashboards and contract compliance, assist with RFP with leadership and procurement as necessary.
- Development and manage administrative processes, including coordination with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure proper tracking and record keeping of all mobility and assignment related documents.
SCOPE: This position will be expected to effectively handle a large volume of non-routine, complex tasks in which general policies need to be applied to frequently changing situations. It may have strong influence on decisions of a major nature in regards to the global assignments utilized by the company. It will also require a high degree of tact & diplomacy to obtain favorable outcomes or maintain good will amongst assignees, other UPR departments and/or third party service providers.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree: Finance, Tax, Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- 5-7 years of relevant global mobility and expatriate management experience required
- Previous finance or tax experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience in international human resources and/or international payroll issues strongly preferred
- Strong client service and people management and communication skills
- Ability to organize and analyze data, including presentation materials and communications pieces
- Solid base knowledge of compensation, benefits, international payroll, mobility and service models
- Solid base knowledge of immigration compliance
- Solid base knowledge of tax compliance
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
- Solid research and problem solving skills
- Experience in vendor management
- Results-oriented, pragmatic ability to make the complex understandable
- Multi-lingual skills related to UPR business is especially useful
- Ability to travel occasionally
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE