Custom Metal Fabrication Shop is seeking to hire a Design Drafter.
Duties will be to generate detailed 2D and 3D technical drawings utilizing SolidWorks and AutoCAD programs.
• Create and update detailed technical drawings that incorporate project specifications and design ideas from customers, the drafting manager and shop personnel. These drawings will generally include layout and structural assemblies that combine equipment and hardware used on each project with parts fabricated in-house (sheet and structural metal).
• Must have a strong ability to research and develop details of various components with an eye for spatial and mechanical relationships.
• Resolve design problems when they happen with a positive attitude.
• Must be able to adhere to company drawing standards and have a good understanding of document control while creating or revising drawings.
• Associates degree or CAD Certificate.
• Minimum 3 years working with SolidWorks and AutoCAD (not including education time).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Preference given to a candidate with experience drafting in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
• Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
• Adapts and responds to changes in priorities and duties with excellent time management skills.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 an hour
Term: Fulltime to Hire
Apply for Design Drafter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly