PROGRAM NURSE – YMCA RESIDENTIAL CAMP WEWA
Position is Seasonal through Mid-August; Includes Overnight Room and Board
Are you a Nurse that wants to make a difference this summer? Do you want to gain additional work experience? Do you want to positively impact the lives of children and staff within a fun, safe, and mission driven YMCA camp environment?
The YMCA of Central Florida is seeking a professional and dependable health care professional for our seasonal summer Program Nurse at YMCA Residential Camp Wewa located in Apopka, Florida. We have flexible shift opportunities this summer for full-time or part-time; including early mornings, week days, weekends, and overnight. This position is seasonal; through August.
Under the supervision and direction of the Executive Director, the Resident Camp Nurse serves as the primary contact for medical issues, including illness and injury involving campers and staff. S/he will be responsible for all health care functions and development of health care plans for all camp participants’ ages 6 – 16 years of age.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum LPN; current State of Florida nursing license (RN) preferred.
- Prior pediatric or emergency care experience preferred, along with the desire to work with campers 6-16 years of age.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE, SKILLS & HABITS:
- Ability to relate to peers as well as campers.
- Exhibit the ability to place the needs of the campers and the camp above their own.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Emotionally mature, willing to accept responsibility.
- Team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers and campers.
- Ability to treat confidential information with sensitivity.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Be in good health, vitality and physical stamina.
- Ability to work in a smoke-free environment.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Camp Wewa Program Nurse; may be eligible to receive discount /or per diem for dependent children to participate in Camp Wewa programs.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.