TRAINING INSTRUCTOR- FAMILY HOME (PART TIME
JOB TITLE: TRAINING INSTRUCTOR- FAMILY HOME (PART TIME) LOCATION: VARIOUS LOCATIONS
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Training Instructor to teach 40-hour State Mandated Training classes in Spanish in Orange, Osceola, and Brevard counties. Conducts various para-professional and/or state-mandated training classes for the Agency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Teaches agreed upon classes quarterly or as classes are requested by the community. Arrives at the training location on time and ensures room is prepared for class. Ensures students do not leave ahead of the scheduled time. Clearly documents on the sign-in sheet students who are late or who leave early. Completes time sheets for class hours only within the bi-weekly payroll schedule and submits them to the Child Care Training Coordinator. Strictly adhere to Department of Children and Families Training Manuals. Guides confidential discussions with trainees when talking about individual centers, children, and employees. Adheres to time schedules established for training by staying on specific topics and redirecting inappropriate discussions. Uses the most current training materials approved by the Department of Children and Families and covers all the required objectives for each module.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Knowledge of child development and appropriate child care practices.
- The ability to demonstrate skills in adult instruction, conveying information effectively, active listening, organization, creativity, and time management.
- Ability to communicate with people from various multi-cultural background and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree or higher with 6 credit hours in early childhood/growth and development plus 480 hours experience in a child care setting or a teaching certificate.
- A.S. or A.A degree in child development plus 480 hours experience in a child care setting serving children ages birth through eight.
- Associate degree with 6 college credit hours in early childhood/ child growth and development plus 960 hours experience in a child care setting serving children ages birth through eight.
- Four-year college degree with a teaching certificate, employed by a School District in the State of Florida to teach Early Childhood Education in the Family and Consumer Sciences Program.
- Family Child Care Trainers may meet the qualifications listed above or may be qualified by having a high school diploma or GED, National CDA or state-approved equivalent, and three years of full-time experience in licensed family child care within the last five years.
- Experience in leading the professional growth of another adult.
- Must have proven initiative and be reliable.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age .
- Bilingual Required (English/Spanish)
- Classrooms are located at various off-site locations.
- Flexible hours. Schedule includes weekdays, weeknights and Saturdays.
SALARY: Bachelor’s Degree - $25 an hour; Master’s Degree - $30 an hour PAY GRADE : 6
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability