Human Resources Director
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR LOCATION: ORLANDO, FLORIDA
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Develops, coordinates and oversees the Human Resources functions of the Agency, including but not limited to strategies for talent acquisition and retention; performance evaluations; FMLA, ADA and Worker’s Compensation; diversity and inclusion; staff training and development; and strategic planning. Hires, supervises, and trains all assigned staff and volunteers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Hires, supervises, trains and develops all assigned personnel. Schedules and monitors work of assigned staff and addresses training and other personnel issues as they arise.
·Develops human resource goals, processes and measurement systems that support Agency goals and objectives. Evaluates overall HR strategies and metrics and makes recommendations. Develops and monitors HR budget.
- Advises supervisors and staff in solving HR related issues, including but not limited to ongoing performance and separations. Advises management on employee relations issues.
·Ensures that Agency personnel policies and procedures are applied consistently throughout the Agency, and takes action to correct inconsistencies. Assists supervisory staff and others with interpretation of Agency policy and prepares related directives and documentation for their use.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts supervisory and other employee trainings. Evaluates trainings periodically. Creates new hire orientation modules.
·On an annual basis, works with Directors to conduct an agency-wide training needs analysis. Implements and maintains agency-wide training plan.
- Oversees Agency’s Wage and Salary Plan.
·Monitors compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations governing employee rights and related employment issues. ·Responds to and develops resolutions for staff grievances.
- Ensures all workers compensation claims are processed in a timely manner.
·Complies with, monitors, and processes medical leave, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), personal and military leave requests.
- Oversight for personnel files to ensure they are kept in order and contain all required documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, personnel information systems, resource allocation and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts.
- General knowledge of various local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Ability to operate a personal computer. Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and Human Resources database software (including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to coordinate and conduct training classes for adults.
- High level of interpersonal skills to communicate policies, procedures and objectives effectively throughout the Agency and to communicate with outside consultants/representatives.
- Ability to work under pressure as well as organize and plan efficiently.
- Supervisory ability.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree preferably in Human Resources Management.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Human Resources Management.
- Five (5) years supervisory experience.
- SHRM-SCP or PHR certification preferred.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)
SALARY: $81,141 PAY GRADE: 17
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED Equal Opportunity Employer - Veteran/Disability