Landscaping - Construction Gardener
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Performs skilled landscape maintenance tasks as part of a Horticulture team; proficiency in plant identification of 50 common plant names within 90 days of hire date; ability to perform shrub installation; foliage maintenance, tree installation, heavy equipment operation, and basic clean up.
- Responsible for trimming/pruning shrubs, ground covers, vines and some trees and palms with hand-held tools and 2-cycle equipment. Operates power shovel and power hammer.
- Performs site preparation tasks including removal of existing plant material and hardscape, grading and drainage.
- Operates machinery for loading, unloading and transporting materials, equipment and supplies.
- Identifies need for and provide supplemental water with manual operation of automatic irrigation zones and hand watering.
- Assists with the installation, mulching, watering and maintenance of tree, shrub, and groundcover plantings. Installs hardscape elements including gravel, timber walls, and drainage systems.
- Assist in specimen tree relocation, including ball and burlap operation, jetting in, and staking and guying.
- Performs equipment maintenance as required.
SCOPE: Responsible for performing basic Construction Gardener functions including: Tree/shrub installation, maintenance of all foliage, detailing and clean up, watering, heavy equipment operating, and mulching, tree rigging, tree staking and guying.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Horticultural expertise preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three to five years construction or landscape maintenance experience, preferably in an upscale commercial, residential or resort environment required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Drivers License Required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE