Sr. Manager, Resort Marketing - Trade
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Partner with Sr. Director of Marketing to develop and implement short and long-term strategic marketing plans for all Trade segments to achieve business and financial objectives. Actively participate in all cross-departmental planning to ensure alignment with all origins and segments in order to elevate presence and positioning of the hotel portfolio within all partner campaigns. Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with all UOR, Loews, and HRI sales teams leveraging partnerships and ultimately aligning to drive Universal Orlando Resort Hotel goals and objectives.
- Partner with all Sales channels and origins on the development and execution of integrated Annual Plans to maximize exposure of the destination and on-site hotels through strategic positioning and exposure through partner initiatives maximizing distribution and ultimately achieving business goals.
- Develop strategic plans and recommendations to increase awareness, drive occupancies and increase revenues of all On-site Hotels through the meeting & events industry and its subsequent segments. Responsible for maintaining and evolving the Meetings & Events Brand, and all other business units with a group component (Youth, Leisure Group, etc.).
- Partner collaboratively with Trade Marketing and International Marketing Execs to develop strategic and comprehensive marketing communication plans ensuring there is a consistent and cohesive messaging strategy that aligns with overall objectives and goals. Identify and implement initiatives that develop and strengthen positioning of the destination, hotel, and group business.
- Responsible for managing Resorts Trade Strategy Marketing budget to develop new and innovative ways to increase hotel distribution through trade partners in all origins and all segments.
- Develop campaign performance measurements and look back assessments; maintain ongoing business tracking as necessary. Maintain ROI on all marketing initiatives to ensure we are meeting business objectives and make changes as necessary to changing business demands.
- Identify, develop and gather research, trends and insights on competition, markets and segments to provide innovative recommendations to drive the evolution of the business.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university in Business, Marketing, or Communications. MBA preferred.
- 7-10 years of marketing or advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or tourism industry.
- Strong analytical skills, proficiency working with data, analyzing information and report findings.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written and proofreading skills.
- Prior marketing experience working in a team environment.
- Prior customer-facing operational experience at a hotel strongly preferred.
- Must be energetic self-motivated, a quick learner and demonstrate a strong personal desire to achieve results.
- Capable of multi-tasking, in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- Extremely detail oriented and resourceful, ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Meetings and Events Industry is a plus.
- Analytical -ability to understand, analyze and report on data.
- Organized Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible Ability to be held accountable or answerable for ones conduct.
- Communication, Oral & Written- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Assertiveness Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Relationship Building Ability to effectively build relationships with partners and co-workers.
- Interpersonal/Collaboration Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work cooperatively to meet goals.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE