Technical Services - Utilities
Here at Universal Orlando Resort, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer paid on the job training, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Whether youre bringing the worlds premier movie and TV scenes to life at Universal Studios, living the excitement of legendary heroes at Islands of Adventure, or exploring the thrills and relaxation in the lush tropical paradise of Volcano Bay; we want to do it with YOU!
Electrician: Seeking qualified electricians to install, maintain, service, rebuild, troubleshoot, repair, and operate all industrial, commercial, and noncommercial electrical equipment and utilities as it pertains to the continuous smooth operation of Universal Orlando Facilities. Including: electrical wiring, fixtures and equipment from 12V to 15KV. This will include all main switch gear, main breakers, UPS units, generators, transfer switches, motors, motor control centers, high voltage transformers, high voltage air switches and all high voltage branch circuits.
Essential Duties Include:
- Maintains, installs, services and repairs all utility electrical systems park wide including but not limited to all site lighting, lighting contactors, signage, all main switchgear, main breakers, sub panels and branch circuits.
- Maintains, installs, services and repairs all park wide life safety electrical systems and equipment including but not limited to all UPS, generators, transfer switches, egress lighting, utility and facilities motors including but not limited to motor control centers.
- Infrared testing of breakers, switch gear and related equipment and associated electrical equipment.
- Provides quality inspections of emergency back-up equipment including but not limited to UPS systems, generators and all emergency back-up equipment of work provided by vendors and contractors.
Plumber: Seeking qualified plumbers to maintain, service, troubleshoot, repair, and operate all commercial and industrial plumbing systems to ensure the continuous smooth operation of Universal Orlando. Including, but not limited to: potable water, industrial water, natural gas, sanitary, storm, grease, high pressure steam, and fire protection systems; compressed air piping; and chilled water piping. Maintain all facility plumbing in accordance with all applicable codes, standards, and UO specifications.
Essential Duties Include:
- Maintains, services and repairs all UO infrastructure, including, but not limited to: sanitary lines; grease lines; oil lines; grease traps; lift stations; and interceptors. Operate large cable commercial sewer machines and high-pressure line jetting equipment.
- Maintains, services and repairs UO natural gas systems, including, but not limited to, all above ground and below ground pipes, valves and fittings. Perform all leak and catholic protection surveys. Locate underground gas piping using line locate equipment as needed and/or mandated by the Public Service Commission. Utilize appropriate leak detection equipment to identify and locate underground gas leaks.
- Maintains, services and repairs all high-pressure steam boilers and piping. Perform daily water conductivity tests on boiler feed water. Maintain all flame, water, natural gas, and pressure controls as well as all other safety devices. Maintain, service and repair all makeup water feed pumps and associated piping. Support annual state inspections on fireside as well as perform wet side boiler inspections.
- Maintains, services and repairs all potable water systems as it pertains to UO Facilities, including, but not limited to: water softeners; water heaters; steam effect boilers; potable backflow preventers; circulating pumps; tempering valves; mixing valves; high pressure fog/mist lines; nozzles and pumps; and all related potable infrastructure.
- Maintains, services and repairs all UO plumbing systems, including, but not limited to: water closets; urinals; sinks; faucets; drinking fountains; and all associated piping by complying with all NSF, ADA, and State Plumbing codes and regulations. Perform all plumbing utility locates and/or leak detection using the appropriate method. Interface with Contractors and Code Enforcement Agencies (i.e., State Boiler Inspectors, OUC, Factory Mutual, the Public Service Commission, etc.) Inspect and maintain records of all changes to current infrastructure, including, but not limited to: natural gas, sanitary, storm, and potable and industrial water systems; and update all utility maps with as-built drawings accordingly.
HVAC Technician: Seeking qualified HVAC technicians to perform advanced tasks in the troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and installation of refrigeration, heating, air conditioning and ventilation and related systems and controls. Support and perform operations including operational interface, schedule changes, troubleshooting and repair of building automations systems site wide.
Essential Duties Include:
- Assists with preventative maintenance on HVAC/R systems as required site wide.
- Assists with quick calls and perform service on heating, air conditioning, ventilation, supply/exhaust fans, pumps, valves, piping and associated controls and accessories site wide.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, repairs or replaces all mechanical components in walk in freezers, coolers, rack systems and associated controls and accessories site wide.
- Interfaces, communicates and oversees with third party contractors/vendors with infrastructure repairs, upgrades, repair or replacement of HVAC/R equipment, underground mechanical utilities as required by management site wide.
Building Management Systems Technician: Seeking qualified BMS technicians to maintain the DDC/BMS system site-wide. Monitor HVAC and Life Safety System performance. Perform trend logs, and monitor system to ensure proper DDC/BMS System operation. Performs PMs and changes and upgrades to these systems as required. Coordinate with contracted service firms for more extensive modifications. Coordinate with Operations personnel to identify and analyze system problems. Make recommendations for system changes and upgrades. Support miscellaneous UO Maintenance and Ride/show department electronic/energy management needs. Communicate with HVAC Technicians of any changes.
Essential Duties Include:
- Maintains DDC/BMS systems, fire alarm life safety systems, security systems and card access systems site-wide. Perform system monitoring and trending, troubleshooting and program changes to the DDC/BMS systems as required and coordinates with contracted service firms for more extensive modifications. Operating cash register; accepting cash and credit cards; verifying and certifying starting cash bank; and balancing out at end of shift.
- Performs daily hot/cold quick calls to ensure guest/team member comfort while maintaining maximum energy efficiency and system performance. Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC DDC/BMS hardware system components to ensure efficient operation.
- Makes recommendations for system program changes and upgrades to ensure maximum system performance and ensure maximum energy conservation to systems site-wide. Communicate system changes to HVAC and affected departments.
- Performs building fire alarm inspection and testing in accordance with NFPA requirements. Perform fire alarm and associated system maintenance per Maximo PM Schedule.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-5 Years: Required experience in industrial and commercial construction, maintenance facility or a fast paced service company dedicated to utilities repair.
- 3-5 Years: Preferred experience in theme park industry
- Valid Florida Drivers License
- Master or Journeyman License strongly preferred
Positions in Utilities require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move between 20 and 50 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE