Program Coordinator, YMCA Teen Achievers, Part-time
The YMCA of Central Florida has a part-time opening for a Program Coordinator with our YMCA Teen Achievers. This position will report to the YMCA Teen Achievers Program Director. The Program Coordinator assists in a variety of functions including student recruitment and retention, event and activity coordination and resource acquisition at an Achievers school site. They support participation and retention by assisting in the development and implementation of a full range of programs and planned activities at their site to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all students and parents.
- Provide direction, rules and supervision of the program activities within the assigned Teen Achievers school site.
- Assist the Program Director in the planning and implementation of the daily activities that fit the student’s needs and interests to build healthy lifestyles.
- Support the retention of Teen Achievers participation through excellent quality programming and maintaining the attendance requirements. Work toward positive parent/staff relations to ensure satisfaction with programming.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, by keeping within mandated standards to ensure the operation of a quality Teen Achievers program.
- Complete all paperwork with accuracy and within deadlines.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed for sign-in/out of students.
- Assist the Program Director in acting as a liaison between the YMCA of Central Florida and School Administration.
- Attend all staff meetings and YMCA trainings as required.
- Assist the Program Director in actively marketing the Teen Achievers program by utilizing available marketing tools to increase participation goals. Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance program participation and retention.
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Supervisor, and follow risk procedures as outlined in YMCA policy. Report all suspicions of child abuse to proper contacts as outlined in YMCA policy.
- Remain up to date on emergency procedures, as well as YMCA of Central Florida and Teen Achievers policies.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events at the Teen Achievers sites. Promote the Teen Achievers Program and the YMCA of Central Florida’s special events among the students, parents and community.
- Maintain the quality and inventory of the supplies, equipment and materials used in the Teen Achievers program.
- Direct or assist in the daily maintenance of the school and YMCA facility area, ensuring safety and cleanliness.
- Assist in identifying active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
To be successful, you must meet education, training and experience requirements, and you must be able to demonstrate some critical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in education or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in working with Middle School/High School students required.
- 1-3 years experience in volunteer recruitment and development preferred.
- Child Care certification a plus.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for household.
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and fastest growing YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.