Manager, Marketing - Mobile App
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, monitoring and continuously improving the mobile app guest experience. By leveraging user data and key business insights, this business owner of the mobile app will introduce new and enhanced features to deliver best-in-class app user experiences that meet organizational goals. Building and fostering relationships with many stakeholders throughout the organization is critical to the success of this position.
In collaboration with Universal Studios Hollywood and the Digital Experience Platform team, this person will be responsible for defining opportunities based on business need, maintaining a backlog of key features (enhancements) and prioritizing the roadmap based on defined business value and measures of success.
- Lead the business team that improves the guest experience and optimizes Universal Orlando Resorts mobile app, to meet or exceed business goals.
- Be the resident expert on the capabilities of the functionality of the mobile app. Utilize that functionality to its full capability to drive optimal results
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Manage guest experience strategy and enhancement work for the mobile app based on strategic priorities. Apply data and business insight to optimize the user experience and provide business performance recommendations on how to improve key business metrics.
- Build and accelerate efficiency to market workflow through continuous improvement processes
- Understand and activate guests needs through analysis of user behavior and secondary/primary research
- Product Management
- Responsible for enhancing the mobile app user experience to drive increases in guest, team and financial key performance indicators
- Serve as Marketing liaison / business lead for IT Solution Delivery Team for mobile app enhancement projects define and communicating business / functional requirements for the development of new features that effectively enables marketing strategies on the mobile app.
- Ensure user experience is optimized by utilizing industry best practices in usability, research, etc.
- Resource Management
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring competitive apps and trends, their particular specialty area/vertical and mobile app design/functionality. Bring the organizations attention to new ideas / technologies for mobile as they emerge.
- Act as marketing team representative to various internal clients who rely on the mobile app to advance their business needs.
- Accountability and Reporting
- In collaboration with the eCommerce and Digital Experience team, develop reporting and analysis that effectively communicates to senior leadership the results and business impact of mobile app initiatives.
- Analyze product performance and customer feedback and respond quickly to diagnose and correct issues.
SCOPE: Plays critical role in the further development, implementation and management of the Mobile App and associated marketing activities for UOR. Responsible for managing the overall guest experience of the mobile app to insure optimal results in terms of guest engagement and satisfaction. Provides provide the necessary thought leadership, project leadership, strategy development, business requirements, and prioritization necessary to create and launch mobile app initiatives that deliver agains critical business goals.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus.
- 5 7 years of experience in Product Management or Mobile App Delivery preferably with consumer-facing, ecommerce site(s), name brand travel or retail with emphasis on mobile user experience, strategy and digital marketing.
- The right mix of experience in Marketing, Technology and/or Mobile App UI/UX is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in presenting to senior management.
- Equally effective and influential communicator in formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers, and potential business partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with a sense of urgency required to work in a deadline driven environment.
- Diligent, flexible, resourceful, independent worker with a strong work ethic.
- Strong communicator capable of delivering concise messages to various audiences.
- Positive attitude, team player with professional demeanor.
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn.
- Mobile App/Digital user experience that has materially contributed to growing business performance within the context of a consumer oriented ecommerce business.
- Experience with developing and managing a marketing plan and department budget
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contributed to building brand equity, establishing a positive customer experience, and building brand loyalty through mobile experience execution.
- Experience leading a digital roadmap and acproduct development lifecycle over multiple releases.
- Possess exceptional understanding of the mobile best practices best practices for usability and user interface design.
- Understand the importance of introducing relevant mobile app features that support a CRM approach to customer acquisition and retention.
- Must be conversant in the latest technical standards and best practices in digital product design and development.
- Present a successful track record partnering with his/her organizations information technology organization in the development and launch of mobile app features/functionality
- An extraordinary team player that thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality and speed of decision making and execution are critical
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: [If any are listed in JD or special needs are discovered during intake with hiring manager].
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE