Research Analyst, Consumer Insights
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Conducts a variety of qualitative and quantitative research studies to better understand the perspective of the current and future Universal Orlando consumer. Transform client objectives into research methodologies. Write surveys, monitor survey deployment progress, analyze data to tell the story of the Universal Orlando consumer. Works with internal Universal Orlando stakeholders, predominantly in Marketing & Sales, to uncover and share meaningful and actionable insights to move the organization forward.
- Conduct ongoing and ad hoc research studies that provide actionable insights to key stakeholders. Work with leadership to develop research outline/timeline to clearly articulate what is to be covered in the research design. Design methodologies and develop research tools (surveys, discussion guide, etc.) that best suit the needs of the research. Work with internal partners or vendors for survey deployment; monitor data collection and monitor for data quality. Download data/create banners using SPSS and excel; employ various advanced research statistical analysis techniques to examine consumer attitudes, perceptions and behaviors with a focus on understanding the whys behind the findings. Consult other consumer transactional data or other third party data sources (as needed) to help build out the analysis. Develop a storyline derived from consumer-based insights
- Develop, manage and execute qualitative marketing research. Define qualitative research objectives and design effective methodologies to meet research objectives; utilize online qualitative or in-person qualitative tools as platforms to collect insights from projects focused on user testing, user experience or reaction to stimuli. Draw out insights from open ended feedback collected from written and verbal (video) formats; provide concise summaries of finding and present in easy to consume ways.
- Participate on a team that values we is greater than me by focusing on collaboration, information sharing and a desire to raise the level of competency among the entire team. Participate in team sharing sessions focused on research findings, but also share interesting and unique research methodologies/survey designs used. Support the department while employing a mindset of process improvement with an eye toward the future and changing trends.
- Support the ongoing TSAT initiatives to continuously build a positive team member working environment.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree required from a 4-yr college or university in Marketing, Marketing Research, Psychology, Sociology, Advertising, Statistics, or related discipline. Masters degree preferred in Business Administration (MBA), Marketing Research (MMR), or related discipline.
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of experience required in market research in a business to consumer environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Burke Institute or RIVA Certification as a Focus Group Moderator is a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency in SPSS, Excel, WORD and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in Qualtrics (online survey design tool) or similar online survey platform.
- Knowledge of the broader travel/hospitality environment, the Orlando tourism market and major players is helpful.
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to design studies, implement methodologies, write questionnaires, analyze data and report on qualitative and quantitative results.
- Demonstrated experience preparing online questionnaires, for both online and mobile usage.
- Understanding/working knowledge of Tableau helpful, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule, prioritize, and manage numerous simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); advanced presentation skills.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE