Project Controls Analyst - Universal Creative
Universal Creative is seeking unique and bold talent to grow with us as we envision, design and deliver innovative attractions, exhilarating experiences, world-class resorts and immersive parks around the globe. Join us in creating a Universe of fun!
JOB SUMMARY: The Project Controls Analyst will create, manage and distribute critical project and performance reports based on metrics derived from the project management system and other available project performance data. The Project Controls Analyst will create/compile customized reports requested by project teams and prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the project status. The Project Controls Analyst will work in conjunction with the Project Management Office staff.
- Work with PMO staff to resolve deficiencies and to ensure data quality by monitoring and overseeing the real time system performance within the project management system.
- Work with the Project Director to conduct regular project audits to ensure Project Management policy processes are followed, as well as all project documentation is produced within the policy.
- Analyze and make recommendations for project management improvements. Create action plans, in conjunction with other management staff, for improvement.
- Promote the development of positive relationships with vendors and other business contacts that are encountered.
- Continue the evolution of the Project Management system by implementing best practices.
- Work with and train external vendors and resources to ensure compliance and adherence to project management system requirements.
- Manage, train and oversee the work activity and product of other project management system users assigned to the project.
- Support departmental needs by assisting with technical support and maintenance of the Project Management tool for workflows and portfolio management.
- Responsible for ensuring users have the appropriate defined security role.
SCOPE: Provide day-to-day project audits on the project management system and processes for specified Project. Apply knowledge of basic project management practices, methods, and techniques to conduct research into project-related issues.
- Intermediate computer skills (proficiency in Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint), skill in collecting, analyzing and organizing data, problem solving ability, multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Management of standard policies and procedures within a major function.
- Works with all levels of company management.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment, with ability to provide instructive direction in order to enhance capabilities.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelors degree in Management or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: Experience preferred in a Project Management or Project Leadership role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Project Management Certification (Highly desired)
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE