6 days left
Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Investigates, estimates, evaluates, negotiates and reports the most complex property and casualty claims, involving work both inside and outside the office.
Managed by the Branch Manager, or in the absence of a Branch Manager, the District Manager.
College bachelors degree or equivalent preferred; prior property and casualty claims adjusting experience required; valid drivers license and reliable transportation required; evidence of current adjuster licensure, demonstrate oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills; and demonstrate above average experience and skills in investigation, analysis and negotiation. In addition, successful completion of approved specialized training; superior skill in contract analysis and damage evaluation and control are required, as well as demonstrated evidence of ongoing professional development in programs recognized by our industry.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile; operate a digital camera or smartphone for digital photos, calculator and digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with Branch Manager, District Manager, other adjusters, and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys, expert witnesses and special investigative units of clients or governmental authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete handling of field work for large, complex property and casualty losses.
- Visible participation in local and state claims organizations as required.
- Handle field activities outside the office including gathering evidence, taking statements, preparing diagrams and making photographs.
- Prepare timely, clear and concise reports to clients in the clients preferred report format.
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the clients needs are being met.
- Analyze and evaluate special damages including auto estimates, property estimates, personal property inventories, medical bills, lost wage statements and medical reports.
- Prepare estimates, inventories and summaries of special damages as needed.
- Negotiate and conclude claims.
- Analyze insurance coverage issues on specific claims and make recommendations to the client.
- Perform any other task assigned by Branch Manager.
Assist in the training of other claims personnel as assigned, especially in areas of technical expertise.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.