Sr. Engineer, Test Automation
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: Sr. Engineer, Test Automation will work closely with product and engineering teams to develop automation frameworks and execute automated scripts that ensure quality software. Automation Engineer will analyze which test cases to automate and develop the right testing tools to help UPR deliver quality software. This Engineer will enhance the automation framework in order to replace manual testing efforts for new application features. The Sr. Engineer, Test Automation will also be involved in writing and analyzing test scripts/cases.
This individual will be responsible for automated testing for assigned products and their associated releases; includes creating the framework for our automation efforts, scripting and maintaining automated scripts for multiple automated tools.
- Develop and build automation frameworks and tests for regression test suites
- Maintain and update automated test systems as functionality changes
- Analyze failures and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated.
- Perform Manual testing and other duties needed as part of the overall Quality Testing Team
- Review and analyze data requirements, software requirements and design specifications to ensure proper test coverage
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university preferred in Software Development or Quality Assurance.
Basic Qualifications: Combined 5+ years testing experience on mobile, web, client server and integrated core systems applications.
- Proven track record to creating and executing on highly effective quality processes
- Experience driving end-to-end software quality
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience in writing test plans, test automation, or test cases
- Is innovative, can simplify, and has relentlessly high standards
- Able to handle an extremely fast pace while maintaining the highest quality standards
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience testing Web user experience on variety of browsers
- Experience testing Android and/or iOS applications
- Ability to understand technical specifications, designs and code
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical device
- Experience working with Micro Services and understanding of automation tools to support Micro Services development.
- Experience working with database and BI tools
- Strong commitment to department and company goals
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and proactively solve problems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently
- Must be a team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated leadership, presentation, and resource allocation skills
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- College degree or equivalent experience required
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE