Sr. Technical Specialist, WebSphere Commerce Developer
Here at Universal Parks & Resorts, you can enjoy an exciting culture where creating our unique Universal brand of thrilling experiences is a top priority. We are passionate about what we do and take pride in the exclusive ways we deliver fun.
Comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, and a new destination coming in Beijing, China; we are proud to offer a universe of extraordinary opportunities. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. We value individuals who know how to be part of a team, who embrace fun and are serious about their work. It takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal spirit to open our doors of opportunity. We champion the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience.
Being a part of the Universal family also comes with extraordinary perks. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career development, excellent growth opportunities, free park admission, complimentary passes, and more!
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Experience a workplace that will inspire you to be Bold! Apply today.
JOB SUMMARY: The IBM WebSphere Commerce Developer will be a member of a Universal Parks & Resorts Digital Platform Delivery team responsible for delivering solutions for our guests, trading partners, internal team members and business stakeholders.
This position is responsible for enabling, developing, unit testing, deploying, maintaining and supporting WCS features and enhancements as well as micro services for our eCommerce platform supporting web and mobile experiences. This requires strong knowledge in eCommerce development using IBM WebSphere Commerce tools and enterprise Java programming. Additional responsibilities include mentoring other team members.
- Works with technical and delivery leads, architects and external partners to determine solution scope and vision, set goals, identify and resolve issues, ensure the solution is implemented as designed and in adherence to the implementation guidelines, including security and privacy compliance
- Partners with the business and product managers to review and analyze business requirements into core system capabilities
- Assists developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and validating solutions that meet business requirements
- Prototypes new requirements for the purpose of enhancing technical functionalities and information process flow
- Develops and/or configures, builds, reviews and unit tests software/solutions
- Assists in QA efforts on tasks worked by providing input for test cases and supporting test case execution and automation
- Works directly with the product and delivery teams to provide support including the design and development of customer training materials, and conducting customer training sessions
- Mentors team members on new technologies, practices and standards in area of expertise
- Instructs and reviews the work of other commerce developers and admins on the development team
- Responsible for source code stability, code reviews and administration of source control.
- Works with Program and Enterprise teams to ensure changes are properly documented, communicated, audited, and deployed in compliance with established procedures.
- Strong knowledge of WebSphere Commerce v7.x/v8.x application development
- Strong knowledge of web application development using enterprise Java technologies and frameworks
- Strong knowledge building WebSphere Commerce applications using Web Sphere Commerce Build and Deployment (WCBD) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux based administration tasks
- Strong knowledge of integration of WCBD into CI/CD process
- Hands on experience with web service technologies including SOAP, REST, WSDL and Axis is preferred
- Strong knowledge of specific Java technologies including JSP, JSTL, JDBC and JAXB is preferred
- Working knowledge of developing Micro Services using Node.js
- Strong familiarity using SVN or GIT for source code management is preferred
- Strong knowledge of profiling techniques, memory management and performance tuning is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Rational Application Developer is preferred
- Experience integrating IBM WBS with ticketing systems, external partners and content management systems such as Tridion
- Ability to work independently, work in a fast paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a cross functional scrum teams
- Experience in Agile Development is preferred, specifically in the digital space
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to use proven problem-solving approaches to most solutions
- Positive attitude, collaborative team player with professional demeanor
- Intellectual curiosity and strong willingness to learn
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree is required in Business, MIS preferred.
- 5-9 years of experience building and maintaining a global ecommerce platform such as IBMs WebSphere Commerce Suite
- 5-9 years of experience developing web applications, rest services using enterprise Java technologies
- 5-9 years of experience with WAS administration is preferred
- Hospitality industry experience is preferred
- Developer certification in WebSphere Commerce is preferred
- Programmer certification in Java is preferred
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE