Seeking a Full-time Maintenance Technician at the Rosen YMCA Aquatic Center on International Drive in Orlando, Florida. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the maintenance of building equipment and property within the Family Center. S/he supports member participation and retention through assisting the Facility department in achieving strategic goals and providing outstanding customer service to all members.
- Perform basic maintenance duties to ensure the building equipment; including pools and property are in good operating condition, including conducting minor electrical and plumbing repairs, equipment repairs, painting, and assisting with general cleaning of the facility.
- Collaborate with Family Center department leads to complete all work orders, special projects and other maintenance needs.
- Assist the Executive Director or Facility Director to resolve any safety maintenance concerns immediately.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies.
- Pick up supplies from local vendors as needed.
- Assist with deliveries and ensure shipments are transported to the appropriate areas.
- Maintain compliance with required documentation of MSDS manual and all OSHA standards.
- Remain knowledgeable of all safety and risk management procedures and respond appropriately as trained in emergency situations.
- Assist the Executive Director or Facility Director in coordinating annual building and fire inspections.
- Assist in identifying active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs
Education, Training and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years building maintenance, grounds keeping and/or general repair experience required.
- Additional training and/or certification in HVAC, plumbing or electrical preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Pool maintenance experience and/or certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification, a plus
Knowledge, Attitude, Skills and Habits:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills (English).
- Ability to think and respond quickly to issues or member needs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Detailed oriented.
- Must meet Association appearance and dress code standards.
- Must be flexible and adapt easily.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivated.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Friendly, customer service oriented attitude with fellow employees, members and guests.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical activities of this position include: sit, stand, kneeling, and repetitive motions or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time as well as demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members’ well-being. The incumbent must be able to perform medium to strenuous physical tasks as needed: exerting up to 75 lbs. in various forms. The individual may work both indoors and outdoors in this position. May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions and temperatures and to wet and/or humid conditions in swimming pool areas. May be required to work with hazardous chemicals (i.e. pool chemicals, cleaning solutions, disinfectants, etc.). Must be willing to travel within Central Florida. Must have valid Florida driver license. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Excellent quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employee and household.
- Generous paid time off package
- Career growth and enrichment opportunities
- A challenging, fun and cause-driven work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.