Communications Support Specialist
Job Title: Communications Support Specialist
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Team Lead: Communications & Media Relations Coordinator None
FLSA Status: Full Time
Hourly Range: Starting around $15.06
Team member assigned to the Community Engagement Unit in the office of the CEO. Performs general program support duties to include but not limited to, coordination of paperwork and records, including scanning, photocopying, faxing, mailing, data entry, filing and taking notes and compiling minutes for meetings. Duties include data entry for multiple program efforts, use of fiscal tracking systems and paperwork in support of program initiatives, and generating reports using a full range of computer software, including spreadsheets, word processing, and donor entry services.
Essential Job Functions:
Program Logistical Support
•Participate in CEU department assigned meetings, providing support with notes and minutes as well as follow up action items.
•Assist with filing and organizing document for CEU department meetings with CEO
•Coordinate and ensures accurate and timely submission and documentation of purchase order requests (E-Req), credit card authorizations, and check requests.
•Research & organize information for ongoing projects.
•Track and log program initiatives, objectives and deadlines to ensure timely completion of requested reports.
•Prepare collateral materials for community events coordinated by the Volunteer Coordinator (i.e.civic club presentations, chamber events, Celebrity Readers, community and volunteer fairs).
•Assist Volunteer Coordinator with following up with prospective volunteers.
•Assist with collecting media releases for participating ELCOC initiatives.
•Assist with the organization and preparation of materials, books, and letters for Book Buddy program.
•Assist in the tracking and promotion of Ready Readers, Books and Badges, volunteer orientation and hours and other ELCOC initiatives into Constant Contact.
•Complete and submit in-kind forms for all department efforts with material donations and volunteer participation.
•Assist with all organizational event logistics.
•Enter data for multiple projects in an accurate manner.
•Coordination of department inventory for project supplies and materials.
•Reserve conference and/or training rooms for department meetings and functions.
•Assist at Outreach and Awareness events, i.e. producing pledge cards, securing sponsor logos and photos of hosts.
• Assists in drafting Development project timelines.
• Assists in designing process for special event seating and greeting VIP’s.
• Assist with reception desk coverage as needed.
Communication & Media Relations
• Update and keep marketing, community outreach calendars and media outreach spreadsheets.
• Assist in newsletter creation and scheduling.
• Assist in social media tool kit creation.
• Assist in coordinating video productions.
• Assist at Outreach and Awareness events, i.e. producing pledge cards, securing sponsor logos and photos of hosts.
• Posses knowledge in Photoshop, Adobe graphic editing suite.
• Ongoing follow up and event collateral materials distribution to prospective attendees and silent auction contributors.
• Assist with all organizational event logistics as directed by team lead.
• Assist with collecting and ensuring current and accurate content such as photos from Gala Honorees, Host, sponsor logos and ads.
• Assist in securing auction items and follow up with auction donors.
• Update silent auction platform (ie. Review and edit silent auction item descriptions, upload appealing photos for the silent auction items, assist with the pairing and packaging of items, assist in setting minimum bids, bidding increments, buy now pricing, and assist with coordination of silent auction platform launch).
• Assist in coordinating pre-event communications through mobile bidding platform (text, email, etc.)
• Assist in working with “night of” auction platform expert during The First Five Years Gala, prepare silent auction items for transport, display and checkout.
• Assist in coordinating post-event auction and item pick-up/delivery.
• Assist with sending stewardship letters to auction bidders and donors.
• Assist with regularly checking the ELCOC.org technical integrity.
(This job description may not be all-inclusive, and employee is expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.)
• Knowledge of business English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar in order to prepare and read documents and correspondence
• Knowledge of basic customer service techniques
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, MS Word, WordPress and PowerPoint is essential. Ability to navigate the Internet
• Knowledge of Development databases such as Abila FR50 (Salesforce) and Raiser’s Edge a plus
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees
• Ability and willingness to provide input for strategic Development and Outreach planning
• Ability to work flexible hours/schedule i.e., occasional Saturdays or evening hours
• Ability to follow policies, procedures, and rules set by the Coalition
• Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables
• Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with a variety of constituents
• Must possess valid Florida ID or driver’s license and access to a reliable transportation source to and from work. This position will require periodic travel throughout the designated business market
•Strong organizational skills and effective record management practices, attention to detail
•Professional appearance and presentation
•Ability to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds and socio-economic levels
•Ability to manage volunteers for Development events
•Ability to work independently with little supervision
Education and Experience:
•Associates Degree (AA) or a minimum of two years of college with at least 7 years of progressive office support experience.
•Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines under pressure and effectively multi-task.
•Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
•Demonstrates ability to problem solve and make decisions.
•Demonstrates ability to prioritize projects.
•Knowledge in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe editing suite a plus.
•Demonstrates ability to make minor updates and postings on websites.
•Demonstrates ability to perform light accounting procedures.
•Bilingual – knowledge and ability to communicate in the Spanish language both verbally and in writing a plus.
(A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.)