Role: Cheerleading Coach
Location: Lake Nona YMCA Family Center
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to providing health and wellness solutions for its members and the community. We have an exciting opportunity at our beautiful Lake Nona YMCA Family Center located in Orlando, Florida. Under the direction and supervision of the Wellness Director, the Program Instructor is responsible for the planning, implementation and facilitation of group and individual instructional coaching cheerleading sessions.
S/he will provide direct teaching, leadership and supervision to each program participant. This individual will ensure written lesson plans are available for each day class is taught. S/he will be responsible for maintaining the quality and inventory of the program supplies, equipment and materials. This individual will establish a relationship with all participants to ensure developmental growth, as well as share responsibility in interpreting and communicating participants’ progress to parents, guardians, and staff leadership. The incumbent should have an understanding of Y programs offered throughout the Family Center and Association to promote cross program utilization and engagement of all members. S/he will be required to work flexible hours, especially during peak times of facility usage that will include evenings, weekends and some holidays. This individual will help to ensure high-quality programming through the retention of existing members and by engaging new members to support program growth.
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Minimum one year experience in customer service / wellness / group exercise environment.
- Experience in program instruction of Cheerleading.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required;
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required (willing to obtain with 30 days of hire)
- Must possess superior communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Competent knowledge of program exercise principles, fitness testing, health risks, and exercise program design.
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee, and discount for household.
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.