At the YMCA of Central Florida our Group Exercise Instructors lead engaging group classes and provide a high level of customer service and quality to our members.
The Titusville YMCA Family Center in Brevard County is searching for dynamic Group Exercise Instructors to lead a variety of engaging classes. Candidates should have high energy, and posses excellent customer service skills. S/he must be a great communicator with the ability to grow class participation, focus on member engagement, as well as motivate others. Group Exercise Instructors should have flexible availability to work during peak times of business, that may include week days, evenings, some weekends, and some holidays may be required. Preferred availability includes week day evenings.
The YMCA of Central Florida will provide you with career opportunities and personal growth. Group Exercise Instructors receive a competitive rate while facilitating classes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent a plus in exercise science, physical education, sports management or related field of study.
- 1- 2 years’ experience choreographing and leading specialty group exercise classes strongly preferred.
- Current nationally recognized certifications in Group Exercise; in area of specialization required.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service and meeting eligibility requirements with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employees; discounted rate for household members.
- Career growth opportunities with one of the largest and most innovative YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.