At the YMCA of Central Florida our Group Exercise Instructors lead engaging group classes and provide a high level of customer service and quality to our members. Our Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center in Marion County is searching for a dynamic and experienced part-time Group Exercise Instructor to lead multiple group exercise classes.
This individual must have high energy, great with cultivating member relations, and technically sound to grow class participation and member engagement. S/he must be a strong communicator and motivator. This individual should have open availability to work during peak times of business, including week day afternoon shifts, weekends, and some holidays may be required.
The YMCA of Central Florida will provide you with career opportunities and personal growth. Group Exercise Instructors receive a competitive rate while facilitating classes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 2 years’ experience choreographing and leading specialty group exercise classes strongly preferred.
- Current nationally recognized certifications in Group Exercise; in area of specialization required. Primary ACE or AFAA required. Les Mills certifications a plus.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment
- YMCA membership for employees; discounts for spouse and dependents
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment. We will not discriminate and will take to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, pregnancy, martial or parental status, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state or local statute.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. Our positions offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.