Supervisor - Storeroom and Receiving
This position reports directly to the Purchasing Director. and acts as the number two in the department. This position will assist in the purchasing of various products and services for the resort (all departments).
This position will have day to day responsibility for the storeroom operations; including ( but not limited to) the supervision of the purchasing clerks
Develop and maintain quality standards for all personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies, including supervision of staff to ensure successful operations for all incoming and outgoing packages.
Also fulfill all other duties assigned by purchasing Director to support the storeroom clerks; such as receiving and delivering supplies throughout property, sorting and logging of packages, securing and counting inventory items.
• Plan, organize and control activities related to the procurement function.
• Good communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
• Organize and supervise the work of storeroom personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
• Provide daily supervisory leadership for their assigned shift
• Ability to work any and all scheduled shifts being day or mid shifts
• Processing and accessing information on a computer; reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness.
• Maintain communication with all departments to ensure customer service needs are met
• Strong math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize daily work load.
• Responsible for physically loading and unloading packages by hand, including placing, pushing, lifting, carrying and pulling the item in an efficient and safe manner.
• Using safe package moving and handling techniques to help employees and minimize the risk of injuries.
• Three to five years of experience as a Supervisor or equivalent experience
• Two to three years of experience in storeroom/purchasing and or hospitality is preferred.
• MS Office Intermediate is a must
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Customer service oriented and team player.
• Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with all departments
• Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
• Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
• Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time
• Be able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds up to 30 times per shift.
• Must pass drug screening and background checks for employment
• Must possess the capabilities to handle the stress of working during busy times of the year when it is crucial to meet delivery deadlines
• Possessing comprehensive knowledge and understanding of how to deliver and sort packages and parcels according to the supervisor’s instructions.
• Comfortable lifting 40+ pounds
• Should require little to no supervision.
• Should have a strong ability to establish a routine and receive directions.
• Should be able to work independently and demonstrate proper judgment.
• Poses a valid Florida driver’s license.