Pool Technician - Full Time
Perform general repairs & regular maintenance to pools in and around Reunion property as
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Keeping pools clean and up to proper safety standards Follow required pool inspection schedule Follow proper procedure for cleaning and sanitizing pool Maintain appropriate supply levels of chemicals and cleaning agents If adverse or persistent pool conditions are noted, they are expected to report them directly to the Pool Tech Supervisor Physical inspection of interior of pool along with valves and drains to ensure they are free of debris Maintain proper safety equipment inspections Regular inspection of decks and diving boards for defects or necessary repairs Perform general repairs and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the pool areas Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required Ensure that all safety systems are operable Possess a high level of accuracy and neatness
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years of age or older High school or equivalent education required Must have minimum of (3) three years hands-on experience working on pools Knowledge of pool maintenance, safety, & repairs
- Must have a valid FL driver’s license No more than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in the English language Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process. Position requires flexibility in scheduling to work rotating schedules, AM/PM, weekends & holidays Proficient in safely handling hazardous materials Careful measurement of purifying chemicals in order to properly control harmful bacteria Sufficient record keeping in order to maintain pool treatment logs Basic math skills in order to be able to accurately measure chemicals
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
- Machine operators: (without inspection), mechanics, skilled trades people. Works with lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach. Also, mechanics and skilled trades people and those who do work of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics,
- Mobile equipment operators: those who operate cars, trucks, cranes, forklifts and high lift equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or
the skin: oils, fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Manual dexterity required in order to operate maintenance tools that remove leaves and debris from pool