Chef Tournant - Full Time
Chef Tournant is a floating chef that works in various areas depending on business demand and need. Chef Tournant acts as the chef in the absence of the area chef.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Work as a working chef in various areas of the resort as needed or
· Support banquet and outlets departments and chefs based on business demands
· Conduct daily standups as needed
· Complete ordering/requisitions for the area where working as needed
· Support Chef de cuisines and report and concerns or needs accordingly
· Cover for shortages in staffing or other business demands
· Work as task force to help identify opportunity areas and create action
plans and implement to address issues
· Help as needed to support department
· Work in home chef events as needed or offsite events
· All other duties as assigned
· Culinary Arts degree preferred
· 2+ years of prior management experience in an upscale restaurant, resort or private club environment.
· Knowledge of various types of cuisines superior experiences with concepts as well as continental cuisine such as French, Italian, Asian, Latin, etc.
· Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
· Must be a self-motivator and motivator of others.
· Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
· Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
· Must have mathematical skills and basic computer software aptitude
· Serve Safe, Sanitation and HACCP proficiency
· Able to clearly understand and effectively manage all aspects food, labor and operational cost.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
· Be able to work in a hot, cold, wet, humid and loud environment for long
periods of time.
· Be able to reach, stoop, bend and lift up to 40 lbs.