Assistant Manager - Food and Beverage
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and directing all property food and beverage operations, while maintaining a profitable Food & Beverage department and high quality products and service levels. The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is expected to market ideas to promote business, reduce employee turnover, maintain revenue and payroll budgets, and meet productivity levels while keeping quality consistently high. The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager manages and coordinates all service personnel to maximize departmental productivity, maintain standards and exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for management of restaurant and kitchen operations including food and beverage preparation and service, personnel, ordering inventory, and food and beverage cost control.
- Be present on the floors to ensure all Food and Beverage is served as per Hotel Standards
- Assist with implementing new menu and training the staff on menu knowledge and SOP's.
- Inventory/cost controls, assist with budgeting, review and critique monthly Profit & Loss statement.
- Assist with hiring, training, supervising, guiding and scheduling Food and Beverage team members.
- Plan and manage the restaurant and room service in order to achieve customer satisfaction and quality service
- Oversee and supervise the kitchen operation, food preparation, food storage and dining area.
- Ensure that the facility remains in compliance with safety regulations and health codes.
- Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Be present in all outlets and attend to all guest requests to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Prepare weekly schedule and submit payroll for F&B team
- Handle all F&B needs for any events or functions and participate in BEO meetings
- Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Assist with planning and executing all events.
- Holds periodic meetings with F&B staff to review past and future performance of service, quality, and general information concerning guest and employee relations.
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Minimum of 5 years hospitality experience with 2 years of experience at the level of a Food and Beverage Manager.
- Experience in a hotel environment required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven team-builder with outstanding coaching skills
- Clearly demonstrated ability to be innovative, creative and able to think outside the box
- Culinary diploma/degree from an accredited college or university equivalent
- Must be able to pass required state food safety certification requirements
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing (i.e. drug test, background check, etc)
- Must have full availability and be able to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English (multi-lingual a plus)
- Ability to understand, follow and give written and oral instructions
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Ability to interact with guests and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to work harmoniously with fellow employees and guests
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Ability to (<8 hours per day) reach, bend, twist, pull, push, grasp, walk, stand, stoop, kneel, run, sit, climb, reach overhead, and bend to perform normal job functions
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Ability to frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, including prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures