Vice President, UO Portfolio Leader - Construction PMO
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of whats possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, were creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for directing and managing all aspects necessary for the development of Major Attractions for Universal Orlando, including all planning, budgeting, scheduling, estimating, design, construction, fabrication, delivery and commissioning required to open the attractions within the assigned budget, quality, schedule, creative and guest experience targets.
- Budget Responsible for maintaining the overall project budget and within the targeted objectives set forth during project approval.
- Schedule- Responsible for maintaining the overall project schedule within the targeted objectives set forth during project approval.
- Construction/Fabrication/Implementation- Responsible for the prequalification, procurement, selection, contracting and performance of all Contractors, Vendors, Manufacturers, Fabricators, etc. required to complete the development of new Attractions. Insure that all project procedures are being followed as it relates to Correspondence, RFIs, Directives, Shop Drawings, Submittals, Meeting Minutes, Punch Lists, Deficiency Lists, Notices, Pay Applications, etc. necessary to successfully implement the new attractions.
- Creative Development- Responsible for the management and development of the creative content done by the Creative-core team or outside consultants. Responsible for the final delivery of a guest experience that meets the initial objectives set forth during project approval. Responsible for the prequalification, procurement, selection, contracting and performance of any and all Designers and Vendors contracted to develop creative concepts.
- Design Management- Responsible for the prequalification, procurement, selection, contracting and performing of any and all Architectural, Engineering, Technical Designers and Creative Designers hired to complete the design phase of the attractions and theme parks. Responsible for the successful completion of the design within the budget and schedule established for the project.
- Personnel Management- Responsible for the hiring and selection of the necessary project teams required to implement the projects. Responsible for the performance of each of the project team individuals as it relates to the successful opening of new attractions and theme parks. Responsible for the development and growth of project team.
- Project Reporting- Responsible for the management, tracking and reporting of all of the necessary project components inclusive of budget, schedule and progress of the project to upper management. Responsible to maintain accurate documentation necessary to insure a successful project completion within the targeted budget and schedule.
- Obsolescence- Responsible for the investigation, forecasting, scheduling, management and reporting of all of the potential obsolescence issues at each of Universal Parks.
SCOPE: Complex and wide range of oversight. Established procedures not available. Major decision-making in regards to all aspects of overall project.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university in Architectural, Engineering or Construction Management required, or an extensive amount of project/construction management experience in Theme Parks and Resort Development.
EXPERIENCE: 15+ years experience in the development and management of major projects with hospitality/entertainment/theme parks. The planning horizon is one year; planning requires knowledge of in-depth division operating plan and understanding of overall company goals. Responsible for management of standard policies and procedures within a major function and may coordinate work processes across divisions. Accountable for divisional key performance indicators (Annual Operating Plan, GSAT, & TSAT); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Licenses in Architecture or Engineering is preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE