The Golden Triangle YMCA Family Center located in Lake County is seeking a Part-time Child Development Coordinator. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director with the overall daily operations of the Child Development Department; including staff supervision, selection, scheduling, performance reviews and administrative duties.
The incumbent will be charged with providing quality experiences for youth that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, caring, and faith. S/he leads a staff team to support youth initiatives to achieve department and Family Center retention goals. This individual will be responsible for organizing and directing the appropriate program segment’s day-to-day operations, supervising and training support of Co-Teachers (staff), as well as implementing and supervising aspects of daily activities for youth to ensure a successful, safe and well-organized program that fosters children’s social, physical, spiritual and mental growth. The individual should have a propensity to project a positive professional attitude and look for innovative solutions to overcome obstacles. The coordinator must possess professional interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, management, members, volunteers and guests.
You will be empowered with a career at the Y and be part of something BIGGER!
- Works with the Director to manage all aspects of the child development room at the Family Center; ensuring compliance with policies and licensing guidelines (if applicable).
- Assist in the development and implementation of the program curriculum and activities.
- Practice continuous quality improvement, evaluating programs, and implementing changes as needed.
- Develop and distribute parent communications, including monthly calendars and quarterly newsletters.
- Ensure that observations and evaluations of each child are completed.
- Maintain required records and files.
- Work with staff to ensure proper staffing and ratios within the center at all times.
- Assist the Program Director in reaching enrollment and revenue goals.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent required; child development or related field of study preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experiences in child development related field required.
- YMCA child development or operations experience a plus
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- Complimentary YMCA membership for employee and discounted rate for eligible household.
- Career growth opportunities with one of the leading YMCA Associations in the country.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
The YMCA of Central Florida is committed to teaching life skills, values and an ethic of service to strengthen individuals, families and youth by developing health in spirit, mind and body. All positions offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a diverse environment with individuals who are passionate about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.