Job Title: Development Director
Reports to: Vice President, Development
Key member of the Development team, the primary responsibility of the Development Director is to develop and maintain an active list of prospects/pipeline through a variety of methods including (but not limited to) networking, cold calls, referral development and inter-company introductions in order to maximize existing and close new revenue opportunities for Give Kids The World Village (GKTW). In this prospecting role, the goal is to acquire new and expanded opportunities for revenue within existing donors to grow the active revenue base across all functional areas (corporations & foundations, special events & projects, transformative philanthropy, international initiatives, planned giving and individual giving). The role of the Development Director includes identifying high-level contacts within various industry segments to identify issues, trends, developments, standards gaps, and opportunities. This role will demand continual building of a pipeline of new donor prospects and developing account plans. While serving in this role, the Development Director will be familiar with the Donor Bill of Rights (as developed by the Association of Fundraising Professionals) and adhere to those standards at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Raise $2.5M - $5M annually to support the Give Kids The World mission
- Deliver upon sales goals assigned and craft detailed business plans to meet and exceed those goals
- Expand fundraising initiatives consistently both nationally and globally
- Ensure all new business revenue targets are achieved while delivering exceptional customer care to all prospects and donors of GKTW
- Provide direction, leadership and support to all Volunteer Service staff that mirror the mission and core values of the organization.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct performance appraisals and administer salary adjustments.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the effectiveness and efficiency of the Volunteer Services team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and exceptional customer services.
- Implement and manage appropriate innovative initiatives as assigned or assumed
- Research potential partners and build personalized pitch decks and presentations for GKTW asks
- Keep team informed of trends in fundraising and philanthropy to ensure our approach stays fresh and innovative, particularly in areas related to fundraising
Targeted Outreach and Strategic Collaborations
- Craft innovative collaborations that will deepen the pool of prospective donors in measurable, obvious ways and heighten Village brand awareness
- Supervise Manager of Development and Development Officer positions as it relates to related projects and/or partnerships
All other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY SCOPE: 1-5
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OUTSIDE NORMAL WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to travel for extended overnight occasions, work weekends and evenings when required
- Valid drivers license and ability to operate a motorized vehicle, including a battery operated golf cart
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 25 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITIES, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and exceptional presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills; ability to engage and inspire other GKTW team members
- Strong creative, problem-solving, and analyticial abilities
- Skilled at seeking out new business opportunities
- Ability to translate plans and ideas into action to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong business acumen and fiscal responsibility
- Self-starter, results driven,ability to manage multiple priorities with an entrepreneurial work ethic
- Ability to effectively interact with a broad spectrum of levels/personalities
- Effective relationship builder one on one, one to many, internally and externally
- Community involvement
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effectively manage sales/donor pipeline using CRM/donor management software
- Experience working with donor prospecting and wealth analysis software
- Ability to overcome objections and cross-sell opportunities
- Effective listening skills
- Innovative thinker possess the ability to link between the strategic and tactical goals
- Makes decisions quickly and manages decisions to intended outcome
- Bachelors Degree or similar experience
- 5 years of fundraising or similar experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience raising $2.5M to $5M annually
- Experience with Blackbaud software, specifically Luminate and TeamRaiser
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with iWave
- Professional certifications such as CFRE or related
Give Kids The World is a drug-free workplace.