Senior Show Producer - Rides, Attractions, and Shows
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of whats possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, were creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development and management of all assigned project-related aesthetic, show, and guest-experience elements. The Senior Show Producer defines and ensures compliance with Creative goals and intent; informing and advising Senior Management of Project status and Issues. Acts as the Creative Lead on assigned projects, supervising any assigned staff and workloads and determines strategies ensuring the successful completion of all tasks and/or assignments through all aspects of design and production from original concept through final installation. The Senior Show Producer shall be responsible for ensuring conformance with any and all 3rd party Intellectual Properties from a creative standpoint.
- The Senior Show Producer is the Responsible Individual to ensure the Projects Creative Design Intent is successfully achieved in all guest-experience related aspects of the Project. As part of the Projects leadership team, the Senior Show Producer is responsible to partner with the team to develop, review and manage scopes, contract documents, cost estimates, schedules, strategies and work plans to align with achieving the Projects creative intent.
- Assures guest-experience and creative design intent is properly designed, developed, articulated and documented. Manages and interfaces with appropriate internal and external resources through every phase of design, production and installation to ensure Creative Intent Documentation (artwork, models, design packages, treatments etc.) is properly developed and that Attraction Scopes, Close-out Documentation and Quality Standards consistently align with the Projects creative intent.
- Develops and manages work plans, estimates, schedules and tasks for all creative design and art direction activities in support of the overall Project goals and strategies. Ensure appropriate level and number of design, art direction and specialist resources are assigned as needed throughout the project.
- Develops and manages strategic sourcing and staffing plans to support show development and production efforts. Makes employment decisions, including hiring, terminating and promotional recommendations. Evaluates subordinate personnel on creative, technical, leadership and interpersonal skills. Negotiates and procures outside resources as necessary. Ensures that staffing and resources are contracted and approved to deliver project deliverables in accordance with and approved project budgets and schedules.
- Manages, interprets, communicates and presents Project concept and design intent development to a variety of audiences throughout the Project process.
- Ensures conformance with, and acquires creative approvals from, 3rd Party Licensors as required, to provide design direction that is in conformance with any and all 3rd Party brand standards.
- Develops, manages and reports status on design and production budgets schedules.
- Strong design, production and management portfolio.
- Knowledge of design management, work planning, budgeting, scheduling, bid package preparation and variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of theme park technologies including ride, A/V, robotics, engineering, and various show systems.
- Knowledge of theme park related architectural, project management, organizational, and production/construction practices.
- Demonstrates ability to lead creative and technical teams on multiple complex attraction projects.
- Instills a spirit of teamwork and promotes staff development.
- Makes independent choices free from immediate supervision.
- Possesses solid aesthetic sensibilities and storytelling skills to support the creative process and to facilitate positive and productive communication between all disciplines.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree: Theatrical Arts, Theme Park Associated Design or related field is preferred.
- Required 8-10 Years: experience in theme park design and design management preferred.
- Required 5-7 Years: experience in theatrical, theme park or other media related design/production field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required: experience as a Show Producer for several (minimum 3) theme park attraction projects from Design through Installation.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Travel is required depending upon Project needs. Role requires a high degree of collaboration and teamwork with Internal and External Partners. Requires highly effective communication skills. Requires a positive can-do attitude. Must be a problem solver. Should be able to thrive under pressure in a challenging work environment.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE