Manager, Ride & Show Engineering
At Universal Creative, we design, develop and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable to drive growth for Universal Parks & Resorts worldwide. Our innovative attractions, immersive theme parks and world-class resorts fuse art and technology to create new standards in the themed entertainment industry.
Our Team Members are the driving force behind Universal Creative. With their diverse skills and forward-thinking ideas, our team pushes us beyond the boundaries of whats possible to achieve the extraordinary. Together, were creating a Universe of fun, always ensuring the next thing we do is better than the last thing we did.
- Ensures all Show and Ride equipment maintains the highest level of safety in accordance with Universal Specifications, accepted manufacturing practices and local standards.
- Provides technical guidance and vendor management of the design, fabrication and day-to-day detailed installation, test, and adjust activities in the field. Builds strong team cohesion and motivation within the Attraction Technical Team. Vendor management includes participation in all aspects of both technical and project / contract management as it applies to vendor contracts, directives, and change orders assigned.
- Performs all technical duties and take all technical responsibilities in the absence of other Engineering support personnel.
- Oversees all technical interaction with other Project Technical personnel, Vendors, Sub-contractors, and other relevant 3rd parties involved with Show and Ride systems. Develops an open working relationship with the Facility Team and Specialty & General Contractors to insure a clear line of communication regarding installation, test, and adjust activities.
- Enforces Show and Ride technical and safety principles to provide a quality product and necessary deliverables. Supports and advises the Attraction Project Management on how best to achieve this goal, and keeps UPR Core Safety & Engineering briefed on progress and issues. Is responsible to take UPR S&E direction to the project team.
- Advises, coordinates, and is accountable to the Sr. Show/Ride Engineer or Engineering Manager regarding the status and engineering quality of Show & Ride systems including areas of risk or potential future risks.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires a sound understanding of engineering practices and procedures. Demonstrate proficient computer skills, to include, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from a four year college or university required, in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferable.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: Required Vendor Management experience with significant in-field installation related experience. 3-5 Years: Preferred experience with contract management and practices in the theme park and/or construction industries. 7-10 Years: Required related experience. Theme Park specific experience is highly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: P- Licensed Professional Engineer (State of Florida).Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Parks & Resorts via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Parks & Resorts HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Parks & Resorts. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Parks & Resorts as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & 2019 Universal Studios. 2019 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE